Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get kills with stationary weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get kills with stationary weapons?

I'm missing that AT weapons pin to achieve the Collect all Weapons Pins Badge (10,000 pts!)

If I do get on those stationary weapons, I often get gustav in my face.

How did you guys get that stationary weapons pin?

I tried stationary AT4 (missed, got knifed in the rear)

Heavy MG (Gustav to the face)

What map is best for that weapon pin? (Tried White Pass Rush, Nelson Bay Rush, Arica Rush, Inocentes Rush)

OFF TOPIC: How do you get kills with boats? I only know how to get killed with boats. :shakehead:

Re: How do you get kills with stationary weapons?

i did it with stationary AT4 guiding missiles from really far away. on the 2nd set of mcoms on arica harbor, the one near the end of the street.

for boats, get on jetski, change to back seat, then snipe away from it. it counts as boat kills. you can even mortar from the back seat and have it count.

Comment

I switch to stationary weapons as the situation dictates. So if I see a bunch of infantry walking up, I hop on the shielded gun and rain hell on them. There's a pin. Or I see a few tanks coming, and I'm not an Engineer, so I hit them with the stationary AT. It's just an attack of opportunity for me.

Comment

either on Arica harbour defending, you can camp the TOW, but most people know about it

on Port Valdez, first stage as attackers, see if you can quickly rush the enemy base, get your squad into the construction building then go up top, jump on the stationary MG and shoot all the defenders in the back

boatwise, isla ofc, but its good if while defending you can steal an attackers PBLB, then basically act as a patrol boat, killing attackers, works very well, just drive around, see an enemy, get close, switch to gun and boom

if they take the first 2 mcoms try and evade, then when the bradley drives down the road come up behind it and shoot it, the PBLB nade launcher cuts through it

Comment

These are the easiest weapons in game to get kills with. It's a little easier in harcore mode, but you lose your abilty to use iron sights (nice one Dice). You can still do it in Hardcore, you just have to watch your where your shots are hitting and walk them into your targets.

The stationary AT is devastating. If the tank is damaged, 1 shot will usually take it out - 2 on a fully healthy tank. The stationaries on Arica Harbor are great. When the first set of MCOMS falls, I usually stay on the one next to the road and can usually take out all of the advancing armor. Then fall back to the construction buildings - the Heavy MG is devastating to infantry coming down the hill and the AT can play hell with armor on the road. Sure, you'll eventually be taken out, but sometimes I'm amazed at how long I last up there.

For the boats, just shoot and you'll get kills. The GL has such good splash damage and given how the defenders generally clump on rush maps, you can easily take out groups of them with one volley. I got my first boat pin after the driver beached the boat and I stayed in the bow gun just blasting away. I picked up 10 kills before I was taken out. The same goes for the new mounted GLs on maps like Atacama rush. The one to the right of the first set of MCOMS on the top of the building is devastating to advancing Russian forces and can hit targets all the way at the main base.

Also remember that AAA counts toward your stationary numbers. I find them to be greatly underutilized. If you're playing Atacama conquest, the guns at the base can hit air targets over the closest flags easily and the one at B can hit both air and ground targets. I routinely go 5-1 against air targets with these weapons.

Speaking of AAA, the VADS is an absolute beast - the one at the B flag on Port Valdez can dominate the air against both choppers - particularly the Apache as it has much less cover coming from its base. It can also stop ground targets advancing from the C flag. I single handedly held B with the VADS against multiple squad assaults over the past weekend.

Have fun and just keep practicing.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably use the heavy MG and practice AT4 to actually hit something.

Maybe it's my habit of hit and run that undermines my will to man a gun and hold down the left mouse button.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
              Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably use the heavy MG and practice AT4 to actually hit something.

Maybe it's my habit of hit and run that undermines my will to man a gun and hold down the left mouse button.
              It's called defense - try it sometime. You might like it.

Comment

Lol, my philosophy as recon: Offense is the best defense.

I make my opponents cower and run, I don't like being forced to keep my head down.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                  I'm missing that AT weapons pin to achieve the Collect all Weapons Pins Badge (10,000 pts!)
                  It was my last pin also.

How did you guys get that stationary weapons pin?
                  (Panama Canal) I sniped with a stationary MG on top of the A building.

OFF TOPIC: How do you get kills with boats? I only know how to get killed with boats. :shakehead:
                  (Isla Inocentes) I used the boat's GL to send barrage after barrage over the trees during the 2nd set of MCOMs. I eventually found where to shoot to hit the MCOM itself so I would keep killing the people disarming.

Comment

I haven't played BC2 in a while, when did they put the VADS in? Is that the anti-air Bradley?

First stage of Port Valdez is good for stationary weapons, and camping with the grenade launcher boat works great too for the boat award.

Comment

the VADs is in atacama rush and port valdez CQ

its basically an anti air gatling gun that has stupendous knockback, coupled with the high rof, it mows anything that flies

but turns very slowly, not really an issue when you figure out the way around it

Comment

@OP

I got the pin before the Port Valdez conquest etc came out so these are for older maps:

1. Valparaiso Rush. On offence after the first set of MCOMS, there's a small tower with a stationary gun on it looking up the hill. If the ladder is still there when your team is moving up, that gun has gotten me the majority of my stationary kills. Useful for when the defence tries to push your team back into the trees. You can use the stationary gun to clear some trees and give you a better view.

2. On Valparaiso defence, there's a great gun on the left hand side when defending the 4th set of MCOMS. Get a buddy to cover the road on the left of the gun and you can hit people to the right as they try to run up for A. Stop shooting when you hear the Bradley coming up though.

3. Arica Harbour Rush. Defending the first set of MCOMs, there's a stationary missile launcher inside the base along the road (on the side closest to the rocks/cliff/sniper nest). Wait until the tanks move in and it's easy shots.

4. Laguna Presa Rush. When you're defending the 3rd set of MCOMs. Get in the stationary missile launcher, blow the sides off the building holding the MCOM station (the one near the mountain), then get in the stationary gun just above it. As people run to get the MCOM you'll have a clear shot.

Hope that helps. As you can see, I ran mainly rush. I don't play BC2 much anymore but those are the good stationary set ups that i remember. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ

but turns very slowly, not really an issue when you figure out the way around it

tell me xD

Comment

binding movement to something like arrows then using the for general direction and mouse for refinement

I just mega drag my mouse though, don't have a problem

Comment

I use geometry. If you raise the guns, you shrink the radius and can rotate the barrels faster.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X