The case for mapping and modding tools in BattleField 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case for mapping and modding tools in BattleField 3

Weekly blog post This week I wanted to explore the case for mapping modding tools in BF3 in a logical manner. If you would like to read the post, please visit:

Would appreciate any constructive comments

Re: The case for mapping and modding tools in BattleField 3

Good article. I don't know if 12.5% is a great number but still good support.

Comment

i don't see them doin it... it's in their best interest to have short lifespans for the new games so they can release another one very shortly. mapping/modding tools will increase the lifespan of the game too much.

Comment

sorry to say it but BF2 was the last time you'll ever see DICE release moding tools, if an xbox360 cant do it either will we.

Comment

Even though this is an old thread, thought i'd revise it seems as there has been a few announcments since this explaining that the PC versino of BF3 will be recieve "SPECIAL ATTENTION" so it may still be possible to get mod/map editing back into the Battlefield series, but we'll have to see i guess, I'd love to see a map editor, i think theres so much that the BF community could do with the frostbite 2 engine, but yes, i would imagine modding wont be included, at least not at launch, we may get a better picture on this in march.

Comment

Working...
          X