No announcement yet.

Something for the chopper boys to try.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for the chopper boys to try.

All right ladies, I think I found something that actually makes me want to play in the chopper again.

I was playing bf2 yday, soloing it up like a right noob and then I thought, I wish you could solo in BC2. And it hit me, alt fire perk + solo in the chopper!

So I was playing on some atacama desert server, hoping I could get the chopper alone, I managed to convince some people to let me and it was SOOO MUCH FUN.

1) Switch Seat
    2) Tracer
    3) Switch Seat
    4) Unload missiles + tow.
    5) ??????
    6) PROFIT (+ a lot of kills/points!)

Too bad you can't get smoke with the choppers as standard but, whatever.

Re: Something for the chopper boys to try.

How about the tracer cooldown? I tried this once on empty server and imo the tracer only reloads when your sitting on the f2 seat.

Comment

The issue with the chopper is that you can't repair in the helipad.

Also, the movement is not very smooth when switching seats.

Comment

lol funnily enough I tried that a while back as well

it was before the autogun nerf, and through lack of a better copilot or anyone wanting to fly I took off on Atacama and tried it, it was ****ing hard, I didn't solo in BF2 but I bloody well did in 2142 (and tbh was good at it)

I would find infantry and quickly seatswitch them with the autocannon and even managed a few tracer darts, but it was so dangerous due to the low flight ceiling and getting chewed up by tanks, which happened even more when I was in the copilot seat and freefalling

it was funny and I try it from time to time (risky now the autocannon does less damage as you have to sustain the hits) but I think I prefer missile spamming at range lol, scares the **** out of people when I can hit flag areas from across the map, learning to blindfire the hellfires without a lock is dam useful as well

Comment

I gave up on BC2 choppers long ago.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
            I gave up on BC2 choppers long ago.
            I would try it again after this last patch it changed a lot. The movement and agility of the choppers is much improved pretty much like BF2 choppers, though the throttle seems lacking, and to cut out at times. It's very easy to dodge incoming fire in the chopper now, and along with the slower tracer darts surviving for a few minutes is very very possible, especially if you have a gunner with voip idealy.

I never believed in seat switching, mostly because I learned how to fly and gun with someone else most of the time, and usually a buddy, if I didn't have anyone with me I just tried to do the best with the rockets.

In this game even more so, with the perks, and destruction you can be very useful even with out anyone gunning. If you are soloing I would say Alt fire, or extra damage are the best way to go. Smoke is good for surviving, but as long as your moving, and not projecting a predictable path getting traced these days is rarer, and some times escapable if you use cover and make the missile hit a building or something.

Comment

Working...
            X