Bringing a gun to a helicopter fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing a gun to a helicopter fight

Can someone confirm if regular guns including the light machine guns medic carries do damage to choppers and medium armor vehicle transports?
    I always see people shooting at choppers with assault rifles and light machine guns.
    The last time I check was maybe a patch or two ago while I was flying the attack helicopter I could feel the penetration and the red damage meter around my screen but when I look at my chopper health it was still at 100.

Re: Bringing a gun to a helicopter fight

Can't tell you that. But when I am shooting at a helicopter, I try shooting one of the gunners.

Comment

You shoot at the chopper in the hopes that you'll kill the pilot or gunners. Infantry weapons fire does nothing to the helicopters unless it's M95 rounds.

Comment

Yep m95 will do physical dmg to the chopper. All weapons can kill the pilot/gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
          Yep m95 will do physical dmg to the chopper. All weapons can kill the pilot/gunner.
          Meh,im starting to think only the m95 will penetrate the windows on attack choppers now with this patch.So many shots lately with GOL/98 and no success.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
            Meh,im starting to think only the m95 will penetrate the windows now on attack choppers now with this patch.So many shots lately with GOL/98 and no success.
            Nope, shot someone out with an AKS-74U yesturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
              Meh,im starting to think only the m95 will penetrate the windows on attack choppers now with this patch.So many shots lately with GOL/98 and no success.
              I shot a gunner out with a GOL once, amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                You shoot at the chopper in the hopes that you'll kill the pilot or gunners. Infantry weapons fire does nothing to the helicopters unless it's M95 rounds.
                i got shot out as gunner by a mg36 (medic) yesterday. this is before we even got off the ground. not sure if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle
                  i got shot out as gunner by a mg36 (medic) yesterday. this is before we even got off the ground. not sure if that makes any difference.
                  Yeah, infantry weapons can kill the people in helicopters just fine. They just don't do anything to the helicopters themselves.

Comment

If that is true, I feel sad for the team who's entire team is trying to shoot down one dude and disregarding the invading enemy on foot.

Comment

i prefered bf2. only the m95 did the job of penetrating through the bulletproof/armored window/glass .... now even smg bullets do it. (Maybe its not bulletproof anymore? wtf dont tell me that :shakehead: . if i still remember in the m95 description it saied something about: "the only weapon wich bullet can penetrate through armor" or smth similar.

in bf2 it actually required "Skill" to shoot a moving helicopter with a m95, and in all these years ive only managed to do that like 2 times, and one was when it was heading towards me.
                      in bfb2 i get killed while flying it all the time and its mutch easyer to kill the driver, since ive done that multiple times already

Comment

you can hurt the pilot on a blackhawk for instance, not sure about an apache, as the dumb****s that shoot at an apache, or a HIND with an LMG or AR (and thus are also saying "LOL I AM OVER HERE SHOOT ME QUICK") never seem to hurt me

but yes, whoring the SAW lately, I have killed quite a few blackhawk pilots, otherwise, no damage

Comment

Working...
                        X