Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In support of Smoke

I have fired 1160 smoke grenades.

I have fired 53 HE 40mm under-barrel grenades.

Anyone else finding tactical enjoyment with smoke grenades? I've learned to use them well (without spamming)

Re: In support of Smoke

ye, I've found it really useful. especially on defending maps. I don't spam, however if were loosing I will. It really does change the tactics of the game, completely removes linear thinking and emphasis teamwork by your opposition. When would you use the smokes?

Comment

I've found smoke useful on defence, for disarming an mcom when there are snipers everywhere and the building walls are gone. I also like to use smoke on attack, when I go in to a hot spot and arm the mcom.

Smoke is great for messing with players who snipe from a distance (no matter what class). I think that gadget is underrated.

Comment

I have never used it as I have seen it as pretty useless, however I am willing to give it a go now

Comment

I can see people use it all the time on HK and TW servers.
          It's very helpful when arming and disarming MCOMs.

Comment

Smoke grenades are incredibly good if used properly, they're also really fun to kill with. I almost have 50 kills with just smoke grenades.

Comment

also can be used to harass camping vehicles. Pop a few smokes and the driver can't see squat. I also like to use them as a distraction. Shoot the smoke to the left and flank around from the right.

Comment

Smoke confuses a lot of people when used. I have been able to reach or defend MCOM stations just by smoking the area. Anytime an MCOM is exposed in the open, smoke becomes your friend.

Same with taking people out in a building. Smoke it first then go in. Ive walked past enemies as they were confused with the smoke and my name not lighting up.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have actually turned the tide of a few battles by using smoke spam walls to block the enemy teams view. There are problems with using smoke though. It should really be a thrown grenade instead of a launcher grenade and the smoke either needs to be a larger cloud or last longer because you end up taking a giant hit to your points while spamming smoke. You only get points with smoke grenades by killing people with them and that can be quite rare. Plus you can't easily defend yourself from enemies nearby unless you see them first and switch weapons.

Comment

I practically only use when we have a bit too many snipers camping on a hill somewhere so they get moving already, but it has some uses in combat.

Comment

Its a shame theres no smoke attachment for the mortar it could be fun.

Comment

I use smoke to lag people [cough my clanmate on his 3 core PC].

I fire a smoke at him, he lags, and I kill him

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                          Anyone else finding tactical enjoyment with smoke grenades? I've learned to use them well (without spamming)
                          Not really. I have fired 600+ smoke grenades, but you are basically reduced to a stationary smoke machine while doing it, and cant take part in the fun.
                          So I only do it if my team is completely unable to make it through to the target. Tactical, yes, enjoyable, no.

Comment

Smoke + Knife is great (especially since knifing from behind is messed right now). Spot enemies, launch smoke, move in. I've only done it a few times but it works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                              I use smoke to lag people [cough my clanmate on his 3 core PC].

I fire a smoke at him, he lags, and I kill him

lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X