What is up with knifing now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with knifing now?

Seems i have to knife people mulitple times before they actually die. Alot of the times, ill knife them 2-3 times, it plays the animation, and i see blood and them taking the hit and they are still standing. Then they knife me.....WTF is up with that crap? Knifing worked awesome when the game first came out, now it sucks and is so random. Did the whiners complaining about how it wasnt like BF2 actually get it changed?

Re: What is up with knifing now?

in the last patch they borked knifinf and it is actually impossible to knife from behind.

Comment

yeah, I've had to stop all together trying to knife someone from behind and actually run around to the side or front of them to knife them.

And of ****ing course the Mother ****er ends up killing me because I happen to run into their view.

I really wish I had a video recording going at all times so I could splice together the 200 times I have died when I stabbed some guy two or three times in the neck or chest (with the blood animation) and the bastard did not die, only to lay me out with his gun or his knife.

I'm sure that the poor hit register for bullets and knives has saved my *** more that a few times. But I'm sure it would be made up for with the number of kills I would have had. It all would balance out.

DICE, stop delaying a damn patch for extra maps and other crap. You have a auto-updater use it!

Comment

you tell em

Comment

hmm it seems to work for me still but only if i have a running start, if however i sneak up behind someone it will just slash them, aiming for the side and top of the head works pretty well.

Comment

I lost hope in the knife, instead, i'll use the shotgun attachment.

Comment

I avoid using it as much as possible for this reason, just as easy to kill with any other weapon if you're in knife-range. Maybe it'll be fun to knife-rampage again when it's fixed.

Comment

do they plan on putting the knife back how it was originally? I didnt see any reason to mess with any of the weapons except the m60, all they had to do there was tone down the damage at range.

They seem to be messing with things they dont need to. They made the tracer gun way too effective against choppers, then they had add flares to the choppers....its a stupid cycle. They are creating more work for themselves by not spending the time to see what REALLY needs to be messed with. Choppers in this game are pretty insigfincant and the tracer worked good enough as it was against ground vehicles. Tanks are already enough of bullet magnets as it was, the new tracers just makes staying alive even harder.

Comment

^^^

Welcome to DICE's mentality on "fixing" things.

Comment

Oh ive been playing DICE games since day one 1942 came out, im well aware of how their releases go. Cant believe BC2 has some of the same problems BF2 had at release...its like they dont learn.

Comment

I hate this BF:BC2 knifing shiz. The whole knifing system just needs to be reverted to how it was in 2142! Also, they need to put prone back in!

Comment

The knife problem wasnt intentional theres was someone on a MG in SP that you couldnt knife so it was put in to fix that, unfortunatly that borked up MP knife so when the patch does finally come they are going to revert it.

Originally posted by Tim
                        Also, they need to put prone back in!
                        That is never going to happen so stop saying it, I dont understand why people insist on putting it into the game that doesnt need it.

Comment

yup, instead of knifing, it's a good chance to get some pistol kills. M93R headshots?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                            That is never going to happen so stop saying it, I dont understand why people insist on putting it into the game that doesnt need it.
                            Are you kidding me?! Prone was a nice feature to have in all the previous battlefields and it added to the gameplay! So, you please stop telling me to stop saying that...

Comment

I really miss prone. Especially when most cover still isnt enough when crouching. FFS its one of the first thing the military teaches you on the infiltration course! I remember screaming "Im up! He sees me! I'm down!"

Comment

Working...
                              X