Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BFBC2 Olympics: Every infantry is a marathon runner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFBC2 Olympics: Every infantry is a marathon runner!

It seems that for past BF series, we were given a stamina meter. When we ran out of steam, we jogged instead of sprint. Even BF2142 honored this feature with performance enhancing drugs as unlocks.

It is evident that for BFBC2, we can perpetually hold down SHIFT [or what ever you assigned sprint to] and dash across the map like a road runner.

So if I want to knife someone in the rear, I can never catch them if we both run in a straight line sprinting.

Save for the realistic factor, do you think this change is good?

Personally, I find it ridiculous that our infantry can run without catching a single breath. He would suffer muscle spasms in reality.

In addition, we can bunny hop all day too.

Re: BFBC2 Olympics: Every infantry is a marathon runner!

i swear you slow down or stop sprinting all together after a while

Comment

Hmm...

Last time I tried, I ran from Arica Harbor MCOM station 2 to Bridge. No stopping.

Perhaps I didn't notice the change in speed?

When I stopped, my infantry did breath out.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
        It seems that for past BF series, we were given a stamina meter. When we ran out of steam, we jogged instead of sprint. Even BF2142 honored this feature with performance enhancing drugs as unlocks.

It is evident that for BFBC2, we can perpetually hold down SHIFT [or what ever you assigned sprint to] and dash across the map like a road runner.

So if I want to knife someone in the rear, I can never catch them if we both run in a straight line sprinting.

Save for the realistic factor, do you think this change is good?

Personally, I find it ridiculous that our infantry can run without catching a single breath. He would suffer muscle spasms in reality.

In addition, we can bunny hop all day too.
        Yes please remember it is just a game, there is always a thread on this.
        If you want the real thing enlist today.

On the change I think it is good and bad, Good: Because it takes you to your destination a lot quicker | Bad: You can be chasing the guy for a looong time.

People just have to accept this type of factor in games.

Comment

Console game, simplified gameplay. Same as BC1.

Comment

Wow way to totally miss one of the main reasons I see for having unlimited spiriting. in previous games, armour was unrealistically slow, tanks especially. now all armour moves at a more realistic speed, especially for the top speed, and acceleration seems more realistic too. Now if we had infantry run out of breath like in previous games, armour would not only be able to take away cover but just catch up that much quicker and move in for a kill.

Comment

That's surely not the reason why they added unlimited sprint, it's exactly the same reason why they removed prone. And it seems vehicles were moving faster than intended since they reduced their speed in patch R7.

Comment

All i know is it feels all around slower than previous games.
                Maybe after a minute this should start happening..I didn't expect this video to be this good but lol you shouldn't only give it a few seconds..editing while watching and yes you must WATCH ENTIRE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                  Maybe after a minute this should start happening..I didn't expect this video to be this good but lol you shouldn't only give it a few seconds..editing while watching and yes you must WATCH ENTIRE VIDEO!

Ten seconds was too much...

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    That's surely not the reason why they added unlimited sprint, it's exactly the same reason why they removed prone. And it seems vehicles were moving faster than intended since they reduced their speed in patch R7.
                    Did they reduce their speed? I thought they just changed the FOV while in a vehicle to default 55, so it would APPEAR that you are going slower but you really aren't.

Comment

I can cleary remember people complaining about the reduced speed. I don't really remember if it's 100% true since I don't play anymore, but I can see myself saying something about it ingame in Panama Canal.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK

i dont understand what was the fun about losing 5 minutes of life with that.

Comment

I watched a few seconds, and then clicked at random spots to see what it was.

Thank God I'll only regret 10 wasted seconds on my death bed.

Comment

unlimited sprint, unlimited vehicle munitions, less fall damage, less self vehicle damage from bumping into things, are all there to make things easier for casual gamers, mostly on the consoles. i don't really mind them but i do think it's unfair to have unlimited tank shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              unlimited sprint, unlimited vehicle munitions, less fall damage, less self vehicle damage from bumping into things, are all there to make things easier for casual gamers, mostly on the consoles. i don't really mind them but i do think it's unfair to have unlimited tank shells.
                              Tanks don't live very long in the hands of a casual player.

Comment

Working...
                              X