Less is More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less is More

I have noticed that I tend to get more health pack and ammo thrown at me when I am on the American side. Because there are no captions or subtitle for the Russians I usually end up running after the guy blabbling :Gu targ isher-ner yatzee which usually ends up with me dying or me killing the tard. The empty ammo icon or the low health bar sometimes just don't help enough.

I guess I have to wait until most people get familiar with the language like in BF2 which I learned "Un Google la" means Grenade
    -"A ship tuba lak means here, ammo here!"

Re: Less is More

English VO is your friend, but unfortunately you cant force it on your teammates.
    I don't get the thread title, so here is a semi-related picture:

Comment

Yeah, but if you turn it on Vreki then you can't tell if it's a Real AMERICAN or just your friend on english V.O.
      At least I could read or spam it in their face to make them realize why some dude is following them constantly... In Bad Company it's almost impossible to stay alive without being aware which makes it even worst if you have to follow some dude, shouting or shooting at him by letting your guard down.

Comment

Localized VO has Russian accents so you can still tell the difference, it makes playing the Russian team a lot better when you can understand what they're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
          Localized VO has Russian accents so you can still tell the difference, it makes playing the Russian team a lot better when you can understand what they're saying.
          What he said.

Comment

Most people don't know about the localized VO, and it's not like it's hard to remember some foreign words. I guess the problem is nothing appear on your screen except the minimap, on BF2 when someone requested ammo so you saw it immediatly.

Related to that, it made me laugh when some americans players absolutely refuse to even try to remember some foreign words, they want everything in english, it kills the immersion. Even in Red Dead Redemption I saw many people complain about some spanish words...

Comment

I don't think it takes long to learn when you hear "hey! jibber jabber jib jab" to know some one is requesting something. Normally, you can figure it out if the person run directly too you also.

There is definitely something in the water with players lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                Most people don't know about the localized VO, and it's not like it's hard to remember some foreign words. I guess the problem is nothing appear on your screen except the minimap, on BF2 when someone requested ammo so you saw it immediatly.
                That might be true if you play 15 hours a week, but a casual player like me doesn't get the same amount of exposure to the foreign vocabulary. To me it is all just background noise. And the problem is that on one team I get vital information, while on the other I get unintelligible yelling.

Comment

Can I archive this as yet another "why this game isn't as good as bf2" section D;

If the chat system had the writting on the screen it would be much better.

I also blame the lack of visual aid, BF2's Minimap/Compass was very vivid and you could see very well what was happening. Whilst the one in BC2 is very dull, and doesn't shout out at your face about the status of allies.

Comment

they should've had text translation also like 2 and 2142 did. what suddenly they think we know russian? from what i hear the russian in the game is a joke anyways (according to those who actually know russian).

Comment

I usually just resupply myself, its not like in BF2 where everyone wanted to chuck down health and ammo for the points

so I will usually just murder an enemy assault and use his kit or make sure I find an assault who isn't a *******

most ******* assaults die quickly anyway, so you can take their kit

Comment

I have problems getting the american side giving me ammo as well.

Its all out of your control other than throwing down crates yourself when asked or not. I pick up kits as I need them and throw down what I need, just like in BF2 and 2142.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                          I don't think it takes long to learn when you hear "hey! jibber jabber jib jab" to know some one is requesting something...
                          you know you've played too much BC2 when you understand that language in game without the voice overs.
                          "Crunch's First Officer"
                          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                            I don't think it takes long to learn when you hear "hey! jibber jabber jib jab" to know some one is requesting something. Normally, you can figure it out if the person run directly too you also.

There is definitely something in the water with players lately.
                            That works really well, but how can u get someone's attention when they are constantly running

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                              That works really well, but how can u get someone's attention when they are constantly running
                              switch to the knife and when it makes that swoosh sound, they'll turn around. But, I remember back in BF2, there were plenty of A-holes that did not care.

And, speaking of BF2...I always did find it extremely annoying that the chat screen would fill up with people on the other side of Oman, asking for ammo or a medic..."sorry buddy, I'm at the Hotel, hiding in the empty pool...how is the beach?" It was always a proximity thing with me. I hated hearing Ammo here!...here's your medpack and I'm way far away. Spam it up!

If BF3 does anything, make it a proximity thing where when someone tosses out the medpak, only people with in 25 meters see the message on the screen.

Also, they need to have a toggle button that allows you to VOIP to people outside of your squad if they are with-in 5 meters. I can't tell you how many times I would run into a flag and spot a claymore and the next squad would blaze in and die from C4 or a claymore that I could not warn them about with Voice like I could with my squad.

And as for BC2...DiCE should have just made VOIP native in the server. This is BS that all these servers have it turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X