Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE blames new patch delay on strike on Romania!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE blames new patch delay on strike on Romania!

i thought QA was in house, but i guess it's a good thing they have QA at all. but then where was QA with the stuff that broke in the last patch? (knife bug, etc)

Comment

False Flag tactic.

Analysis over...

Comment

That topic went so badly that it was eventually deleted. One of the biggest flamewar I've ever seen in my life.

People were saying that QA should've been experts and allocated somewhere in the west, not some ***** in Romania, that EA just wants to save bucks...etc.
        Also Romanians argumented that they were wery good at IT. For example http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6073828AAcHTJO

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
          That topic went so badly that it was eventually deleted. One of the biggest flamewar I've ever seen in my life.

People were saying that QA should've been experts and allocated somewhere in the west, not some ***** in Romania, that EA just wants to save bucks...etc.
          Also Romanians argumented that they were wery good at IT. For example http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6073828AAcHTJO
          I don't see why both sides cant be right. Its the same with India, they have produced a lot of skilled software people, but it is not those people that are doing outsourcing for minimum wage in cubicle farms.

Comment

What is funny, people might have been discriminating, but, that is because of a few apples spoiled the bunch for that country. When the Austro-Hungarian Empire was broken up, Romania was the intellectual powerhouse of the region. There is still some truth that they have a lot of great untapped talent there and a lot of brilliant hackers and programmers come out of there.

Discriminating against that country is like saying Russia is full of bronze-age farmers with no industry or technical skill.

Comment

The sad part is now we don't have that info thread to update us if they were ever actually able to start testing and when the possible release date would be. Shame that idiots can ruin so much for so many. :shakehead:

Comment

Apparently some crashes are occurring in some maps, delaying the release of the new patch:

Edit: As you noticed this patch didn't release on time and we are currently fixing some crashes on some maps which has been found by QA. Once we have a new release date I'll update this post and probably make more posts about the new release date

Source- http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...er-r12-qa.html

Comment

And that post also has this interesting bit from the patch note which I never noticed before:
                  Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
                  I cant say I like the way this is going.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                    And that post also has this interesting bit from the patch note which I never noticed before:

I cant say I like the way this is going.
                    Interesting, you would think that the hit box is suppose to be reduced when a target is moving, causing it to be more difficult to hit. Wait a minute, that is common sense there. Sorry I had a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Beav=OTF=
                      Interesting, you would think that the hit box is suppose to be reduced when a target is moving, causing it to be more difficult to hit. Wait a minute, that is common sense there. Sorry I had a moment.
                      No, that would be bad too. I just want the hit-box to match the visuals.

Comment

Yeah I saw that, this isn't a really a solution, basically they're saying they can't fix their lagging hitboxes :|

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                          Yeah I saw that, this isn't a really a solution, basically they're saying they can't fix their lagging hitboxes :|
                          Yep, that would be my guess as well. They are trying to compensate for lag. So you will be a smaller target by standing still

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

These Romanians maybe an intellectual bunch but what's the deal? Can't they drive to work like the rest of the fricken world.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
                              These Romanians maybe an intellectual bunch but what's the deal? Can't they drive to work like the rest of the fricken world.

I don't know what country you live in, but in parts of Europe the people are very dependent on the public transit system.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X