Better Run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Run!

Why do some campers and snipers never move after they pop me? I've gotten ridiculous about telling them that I'm coming after them. And it is a good three minutes later and I've made my way over to where they are at, where I find them unprotected and zip, I've got a new set of dogtags.

I can't tell how many dogtags I have on people that just are stupid enough not to listen when I say "I know where the F! you are, and I'm coming for you!"

The best snipers I've seen, they do give their position away, but you see them scanning for a second target but move before you spawn.

Do snipers in this game have shorter life expectancies then in previous version? I've not look at stats on snipers, but I suspect they have poorer KDR's now (no including now many run-n-gun now too).

Re: Better Run!

Hmmmm, I think people dont pay attention to the chat screens and their area. I have typed out warnings to my own team that they are about to get knifed or flanked and sure enough they get knifed and flanked a few moments (Yeah, that long) later. I always watch who is dying and who is chatting because I generally know who is around me. If I see that the guy on my left just got knifed, thats good information I can now use that the knifer doesnt relize.

Its something I learned in BF2 and thanks to dogtag collection, used a lot in 2142. I really think it comes down to that.

The other thing I notice is MANY of the players came from CoD and this is their first "Battlefield" game. They dont get how the game works as far as teamwork and what everything does. Just yesterday I asked an assault guy, something like level 10, to throw me an ammo box. He didn't know what I was talking about and I actually talked him through selecting his box and throwing it down. Maybe he was playing dumb, but if thats the case he is the best actor in the world.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

You may as well just not be intimidating.

Comment

dont remind me of how stupid the killcam-like system is. The whole thrill of sniping for me was to find the sneakiest position I could and see how long I could last before someone spotted me; now that thrill is gone. And the keen senses it takes to tell where a bullet came from in the bast BFs is now an answer being shoved in your face. Just pathetic.

Comment

A lot of the time you don't even need a killcam to know where they are.
          Muzzle flash + sound = revenge + "HAX!"

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

The other thing I notice is MANY of the players came from CoD and this is their first "Battlefield" game.

Crunch
            Yeah, I recall the same thing with BF2 and why IO mode was such a problem. You had all these kids that were coming over from Counter Strike that were all about running and gunning and did not like all the tanks and aircraft. You could tell they knew nothing of BF1942/DC.

I also had a similar experience the other day, the one guy in my squad that spawned on me, when I was nice and deep, flanking the enemy in their lines, was a Medic. And of course, I die and he goes whaling away with his MG only to show his position which was right next to me. I typed revive and he said "I don't have that unlock yet" WTF? Isn't that native to that kit!?

I am desperately waiting for that patch just to have the chat window up after you die. It is too quick right now when it takes you to your build-out page. Also, I had another thread going a couple weeks ago about ingame VOIP. I'm not sure what it is, but is it extra money for a server to support VOIP? I run vent just to talk to my buddy I play with, but not all servers advertise TS or Vent servers. And even then, I would rather communicate with my own squad not the whole server sometimes.

There is something missing in the game communications of this product. Something is lost and it does not foster a better community. TF2 has a strong community and I think a lot of it has to do with such good native VOIP ingame. People can talk and have a lot of fun. Besides, it is hard to beat a squad that is on chat talking about "there is a man behind the container...oh, someone just spawned on him too!"

Originally posted by Yoster
            dont remind me of how stupid the killcam-like system is. The whole thrill of sniping for me was to find the sneakiest position I could and see how long I could last before someone spotted me; now that thrill is gone. And the keen senses it takes to tell where a bullet came from in the bast BFs is now an answer being shoved in your face. Just pathetic.
            yeah, it is still funny how you'll hear that sniper sound and have that mental ding! someone is right over..........here......"hello!" And, you find people in some of the best spots too! I've learn of some amazing locations that were real trick. Africa Harbor, I've found guys sitting on top of the palm trees and would have never found them. And of course, it is so good for them, they just stay there. I don't even have to spawn in as a recon, I can just find a different sniper to kill, pickup what ever gun he might have and pop them from a long distance because they did not move! Just it that letter Q on the tree, and the red arrow points right down to where their head is lined up on the crosshair. It could not be more easy. It is funny for me on my end because they see this guy in the assault kit, setting down a M-95 and picking back up his AN-94 to continue on his merry-way. But, what is sad, they go right back to the same spot too...like, I'm not going to check again?

Comment

On a different note:

ENEMY CHARGE PLANTED! GET TO IT!

Everyone runs in different directions and scatters like it's the end of the world.

Is that running good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                On a different note:

ENEMY CHARGE PLANTED! GET TO IT!

Everyone runs in different directions and scatters like it's the end of the world.

Is that running good enough?
                Yeah, I know that thread...people run to get into position to 'cover' the person that is going to get sniped while trying to defuse.

Comment

defib is unlock. i've picked up many medic kits that had no health box or defib.
                  most of us got it from the beginning because we bought the LE.

Comment

ha, well, I believed him so I don't feel like too much of an *** then.

Comment

Well, I know some people don't want to move and rather get stabbed because they know they will just come back and they also know you will be on your way again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                        I agree, adding kilcam was a mistake. I don't want to have to play HC in-order to remain hidden.

Comment

if someone shoots me and is camping, and doesn't move

then **** yes I am going to mow them

their own fault for being so dumb

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                            ha, well, I believed him so I don't feel like too much of an *** then.
                            And that is why you should play all classes, and not just focus on one or two.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by RYKUU
                            I agree, adding kilcam was a mistake. I don't want to have to play HC in-order to remain hidden.
                            The game would grind to a halt if snipers could just remain hidden in their camp and pick off the few remaining people actually playing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                              And that is why you should play all classes, and not just focus on one or two.
                              ---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------
                              I actually play everything...except engineer, and only jump into that kit when some asshat jumps into the armor on SQDM. I just never noticed I didn't have the revive kit. Maybe I was always picking up some kit and thought it was standard or I had just progressed so quick when I went over to medic that I had not noticed that I actually unlocked it. Hmm..

Comment

Working...
                              X