Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption

So has anyone picked up this game or heard anything about it? I am very tempted but wouldn't mind hearing a few player reviews first.

Re: Red Dead Redemption

I'm actually typing up a review for this for TGN. So far? Easily in the running for GOTY.

Comment

Cool Story Bro.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
        Cool Story Bro.
        Trolling Zips? Pretty brave of you...

Yeah, I've heard all kinds of awesome things about RDR. I may end up getting it.

Comment

Stilla, dont take it personally, its called OT for a reason mate.

Outside the realms of OT, a real forum still lives on.

So Zips, in terms of length of play, how many hours do you think you could get out of it? Does it become repetitive quickly? I bought Just Cause 2 and within 10 hours found myself doing the same thing i had been doing the previous 10 hours :/

Comment

I have it for the PS3 but really haven't had time to get into the game as my brother is playing it right now. I have read that single player lasts from 20-40 hours. I have played some of it and what I have played is fun. The multiplayer free roam is fun as well, especially when playing with a friend.

Comment

I'd get it just for the glitches! (don't have a PS3/360)

Comment

20-40 hours simply of SP! Thats pretty good! I have heard the online free roam can be massive amounts of fun if you have a mate.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  20-40 hours simply of SP! Thats pretty good! I have heard the online free roam can be massive amounts of fun if you have a mate.
                  20-40 sounds about right. I think I'm about 10 hours in and only just crossed into the "second half" of the main storyline area. That time includes doing a ton of side quests as I've come across them and just generally dicking around.

Multiplayer is most fun in the organized game modes. Free Roam with strangers can be annoying when there's one guy just going around killing you when you're trying to accomplish a mission with your Posse.

Comment

I shall defo get this after my study

Comment

I was thinking of getting this game, but on my PS3, as I have only really been using it for Blu Rays and music lately (GT5 taking so dam long, MGS4 trophy patch will be nice though)

and I was hoping for someones opinion, I sort of liked GTA4, but it was sort of underwhelming but I have heard good things about this game in that it has a lot of stuff to do, good missions and a long campaign time

how big is the map? and how satisfying the combat, if it was just GTA4 in the wild west I would have reservations tbh, and want some real opinions, as it costs bloody £40 even on my most trusted retailer site

Comment

I enjoyed playing the storyline but once I finnished it its likie most other GTAs where you just end up getting bored but I guess thats the idea :P.

This game has a whole difference approach than that seen on GTA, but its still as enjoyable, although the missions do get a little predictable.

Personally I am not a fan of the multiplayer gameplay.

Comment

This game is interesting if you have a friend to share , quite good , entertaining but the hours are definitely 20 - 40. So what your mood sounds is better to join.

Comment

Working...
                          X