X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers dominating the battlefield

Originally posted by jimykx
    i need this new patch. i wana be playing bf2142 again
    I hear on the 2nd year anniversary they are going to celebrate being halfway through completion of the patch...:|:

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
      I didn't have to play for long to recognize several major flaws.
      Now, don't get me wrong. This is my favourite Battlefield, I enjoy it more than BC2, which is why I care:

1. Snipers are overpowered

Sniper rifles are extremely effective and easy to use. I'm not saying they should be nerfed, but they're impossible to kill at medium - long range with anything other than another sniper rifle.

Furthermore, last time I played I was constantly being whored by "wookies" equipped with Zeller-H and even thoughtmy teamates were reviving me, I just never had enough time to stand up and get to cover, once I got revived they shot me straight away. I thought, "fair enough, they must be good marksmen". But they pissed me off so much that I had to flank and stab them in the back, only to realise that Zeller-H kills people not wearing heavy body armor with just 1 shot to any part of body? Seriously WTF?

2. Damage fall off on assault rifles, LMGs and SMGs.

It works well on Call of Duty where everything is laser accurate. It too works in Bad Company 2 where the first shot you fire from your assault rifle is laser accurate.

But what is it good for here? Weapons have base deviation, just like in BC2 and not a single well-aimed shot actually means hit. Why make them worse at range TWICE?

I think it should be removed from assault rifles and LMGs completely, SMGs should still have some, but certainly not as huge.

3 . Assault rifle scope sway

Completely unecessary and annoying. I'd suggest getting rid of it for reducing the spash damage of PK-rockets(trade off) which is the weapon of choice against snipers and that's silly.

According to Bazajaytee, the upcoming patch is only weeks away now. Last time to change things.

What do you think?
      not

Comment

Thats almost like "its BS and you know it."

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

This patch needs to happen now - how long has it been since this patch was announced. Must be nearly two years, TWO YEARS to go from 1.5 to 1.51 :shakehead:

I had a few rounds last weekend and the state of the game gets worse every time I re-install. I found about 60 servers of which a good 30+ were decent pings. Of these 99% were Camp Gibralter No Vehicles or various incarnations of Suez Canal.

WTF is it with people and those two maps. Don't get me wrong, they're great maps and I played them to death but that was back in 2006. Camp Gib No Vehicles is tedious tedious tedious to play now. Always the same play with squads of voss/krylov whores and the same boring choke points.

Very hard to get a NS game now - some of the best variety maps in the game. I did manage to get an Operation Shingle game, another great map however.....

Joining as PAC on an even score. This gives EU a slight advantage as they can cap out PAC but EU cannot be capped out. Had a good round and eventually beat back EU till we had all but two flags. Attacking Trenches came across this guy with ELITA tags, cannot remember his name, came at me with the knife. Insta-killed me before I could react and shotgun him. You ever get a knife kill that doesn't seem right - just too fast on a moving target. I did think hmmm aimbot??, then put it out of my mind. Some people can get kills with the knife dead easy - I always lose at knife fights, always . The usual ***-hat gloating on chat HA HA NOOB etc etc

However we won the round, next round EU break out fast and quickly take a dominant position. I notice someone kicking up kick votes for that same ELITA guy. Have to spawn at base to take the bottom flag back. Running up the hill. DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA dead - killed by this ELITA guy. Re-spawn, run up the hill DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA dead again - he's in the ****ing bridge strut. He's throwing up kick votes against others so people cant vote him. I type in "U CHEATIN LOSER"

Kicked for using the word "LOSER" - That's it, un-install and put away until/if 1.51 is released!

Comment

this "snipers dominating" complaint should be for BC2

Comment

Dice cant even deliver patchwise in BC2, when will they ever have time for 2142. And what is it with 1-2 coders working on the 2142 patch? I'm sure they're not the only people who worked on 2142. Get a good bunch together and set some time aside to get this crap finished!

And yes, I dont get the 24/7 Gib Suez servers at all, they ruin the good feelings of playing the game again when I cant get a decently populated server that isnt on one of those maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                this "snipers dominating" complaint should be for BC2,CoD4, W@W and MW2.
                Fixed

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Beav=OTF=
                  I for one do get a bit tired of getting snipe, but not near as much as getting CG'ed in the middle of the "road". When I use recon, it may be for a limited time during a RUSH map, if it is necessary I will use a sniper rifle, however I have found myself using the USAS 12 shotty or G3 and utilizing those guns in close quarters while having the ability to use the C4 or the Mortar strikes. Just me though. :thumbsup:
                  this is a 2142 thread, not bc2. snipers are FAR from being overpowered in 2142. i can't say that i agree w/ the op's thoughts on 2142 sniping.

Comment

What is this blasphemy! were are the PK rockets and the assault point whores?????

Comment

Originally posted by Cyph3r68
                      What is this blasphemy! were are the PK rockets and the assault point whores?????
                      POR QUE!?! No one uses PK Rockets.

Crunch

Comment

[GUNSHIPS] are overpowered.

FIXED

Comment

Guys, I just got out of a game. Bullets are over powered.

1. They hurt too much.

2. They go through walls. Talk about wall hacks

3. They keep hitting me.

Comment

outch

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                              [GUNSHIPS] are overpowered.

FIXED
                              I think Gunships are fine - they're only an annoyance when you get a good pilot with a good gunner TV'in armour all over the map. The solution - make the SAAW more powerful.

I would like to see the SAAW do 90% damage on a gunship. Still take two hits to kill it but would force the pilot to repair or bail. Also each hit should do 45% damage on an airbus.

Of course these things will never happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                                A few days ago, I went back for a few rounds of 2142 from BC2 and just realized how much the better 2142 is by all standards, except for graphics of course
                                yeah, the gameplay is second to none

shame about the two year wait for a patch

Comment

Working...
                                X