Snipers dominating the battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers dominating the battlefield

I didn't have to play for long to recognize several major flaws.
    Now, don't get me wrong. This is my favourite Battlefield, I enjoy it more than BC2, which is why I care:

1. Snipers are overpowered

Sniper rifles are extremely effective and easy to use. I'm not saying they should be nerfed, but they're impossible to kill at medium - long range with anything other than another sniper rifle.

Furthermore, last time I played I was constantly being whored by "wookies" equipped with Zeller-H and even thoughtmy teamates were reviving me, I just never had enough time to stand up and get to cover, once I got revived they shot me straight away. I thought, "fair enough, they must be good marksmen". But they pissed me off so much that I had to flank and stab them in the back, only to realise that Zeller-H kills people not wearing heavy body armor with just 1 shot to any part of body? Seriously WTF?

2. Damage fall off on assault rifles, LMGs and SMGs.

It works well on Call of Duty where everything is laser accurate. It too works in Bad Company 2 where the first shot you fire from your assault rifle is laser accurate.

But what is it good for here? Weapons have base deviation, just like in BC2 and not a single well-aimed shot actually means hit. Why make them worse at range TWICE?

I think it should be removed from assault rifles and LMGs completely, SMGs should still have some, but certainly not as huge.

3 . Assault rifle scope sway

Completely unecessary and annoying. I'd suggest getting rid of it for reducing the spash damage of PK-rockets(trade off) which is the weapon of choice against snipers and that's silly.

According to Bazajaytee, the upcoming patch is only weeks away now. Last time to change things.

What do you think?

Re: Snipers dominating the battlefield

Could you supply a source for the "patch is only weeks away" comment? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
      Could you supply a source for the "patch is only weeks away" comment? Thanks.
      sure

Comment

"could be" weeks away... but i wouldn't count on it. the way they handled this patch since it was revealed to be in the works late 2008, i wouldn't be surprised if it is few months instead of few weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01
          But they pissed me off so much that I had to flank and stab them in the back, only to realise that Zeller-H kills people not wearing heavy body armor with just 1 shot to any part of body? Seriously WTF?
          Not true. It is a one shot kill when in certain areas of the upper torso/shoulder area and of course the head. Even then it is not all the time.

Comment

tbh bf2142 is very balanced. Snipers are faaar from overpowered, i usually kill snipers with assault/support on all ranges, except they are very good. The sway and deviation is another good thing, it really punishes spray noobs, and gives a chance for the better players to be really good. tbh the only good suggestion you make is giving the pk less splash dammage, but that is just my oppinion.

Comment

I hope the new patch does bring people back to 2142. I just re installed it the other day. I suck at the game though lol. Takes time to get used to.

Comment

A few days ago, I went back for a few rounds of 2142 from BC2 and just realized how much the better 2142 is by all standards, except for graphics of course, if only it had that "new" feel to attract me, I can only hope new maps and this patch will bring me back to the good days.

Comment

Awesome, finally a new patch. It's about time to play this game again.

Comment

Recons dominating? Don't think so, unless you count in them bunnyhoppin rdx spammin noobs on some servers. When you get repeatedly raped by the Zeller you must move around more and btw Zellers are overrated, I prefer the Park.

Comment

In what cases would Zeller be the smart choice? I can think of any

Zeller:
                      Pros: Higher damage, 1 shot kills in certain light armor situations. Looks/sounds cool.
                      Cons: low ammo. small scope. annoying red shade. very long. larger bullets (?). very loud.

Stocks:
                      Pros: ammo, good scope, light colors, short, not as loud.
                      Cons: less damage.

I know I may have missed a few things, but those I know for sure, and unless the majority of people running around are in light armor, I dont see the sense of sniping with the zeller. Dont you usually aim for the head anyhow? You can't even tell when people wear light armor unless you have time to analyze them. I honestly thing people use the zeller just for its badass appearance/sound.

Comment

I for one do get a bit tired of getting snipe, but not near as much as getting CG'ed in the middle of the "road". When I use recon, it may be for a limited time during a RUSH map, if it is necessary I will use a sniper rifle, however I have found myself using the USAS 12 shotty or G3 and utilizing those guns in close quarters while having the ability to use the C4 or the Mortar strikes. Just me though. :thumbsup:

Comment

we're talking about 2142 here...

Comment

Zeller:
                            Pros: Higher damage, 1 shot kills in certain light armor situations. Looks/sounds cool.
                            Cons: low ammo. small scope. annoying red shade. very long. larger bullets (?). very loud.
                            The loud shot is a dead give-away, always good when I'm knife hunting camping recons and yes low ammo is bad, at least for me cause I'm a lousy sniper :laugh:

Comment

i need this new patch. i wana be playing bf2142 again

Comment

Working...
                              X