Archaic weapons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archaic weapons...

Earlier I played a bit with Sloi. He was using the Garand, I was using a Tommy gun. Somehow we took the top two spots 3 rounds in a row with WW2 weapons. Another round I used an MG3, and came in first while he came in second. Since the MG3 is basically an MG42, and it shoots little tiny pellets instead of good bullets like it should, those people really had it coming! Old weapons FTW.

So are the old, rusty weapons OP, or is it the player that matters? Barring that, is it the "specs/perks" that matter? As a medic I've been using the two specs that make my heals better. No red dots, no magnum, just heals and tactics.

Re: Archaic weapons...

What matters is finding the Weapon/spec combo that fits you.
    The "Old" weapons are not much different from the rest, some are good and some are bad. And many of the "new" weapons are older than we are

Comment

After using MG3 for a while I think MG3 isn't really bad at all. It does not fit some people's play style for sure.

M1 Garand is OP? It is no more OP than any semi-auto rifles and shotgun with slug.

M1A1 Thompson is certainly not OP.

Some players are definitely OP, and there is no way you can nerf them.

Comment

You have done well...

Comment

I dont think it comes down to the weapon but the player and how they use it. Many have complained about just about every weapon being under powered. A lot of complaints on the Thompson being terrible. I think it comes to the player figuring out how the weapon was designed for the game. Some weapons need to be fired in bursts, some need the magnum ammo, some should not have sights put on them. If that is figured out then the weapon becomes better because of the person using it, though others will say its the weapon.

The flipside to that is weapons that have an obvious advantage to use like the M60. Most powerful weapon in the game with lower recoil, big magazine, and OK ROF. Its easy to use and you dont have to figure the weapon out, so it makes sense that so many would use it.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Some players are better than others sure but we can't deny than some weapons are better than others. So, some are still OP.

Comment

FPS RULES !!!
              also - smarter play outweighs any (all) weapons
              I KNOW
              I can get killed my ANY weapon WITHOUT discrimination!

seriously though, IMHO = any weapon will help the better player win
              I think the 'upgrades' are more important
              (armor, magnums, etc)

just my 2c

Comment

Nerf Sloi

Comment

personally those 2 weapons would be the last weapons i'd play with. they just suck a lot.

Comment

The Garand is good... but the Thompson is just crap.

Comment

Player > weapons

Just like training > technology

But they help each other out.

Comment

lol the garand is my best friend. it is not op at all, so i feel so good dropping noobs from every distance with a 70 year old gun. the tommy sucks but the mg3 and the 1911 kick some *** if you have aim control. i really see no reason why the old guns should be considered weaker since the ammo they shoot is far more powerfull than modern NATO rounds. if anything the old guns should blow the new ones away.

but as for user vs. weapon, the user is the most important factor. i play with my friend (we switch each round) and he tries to use the garand or neostad like i do and he ends up with 3-15 or worse kdr while i take the ace pin. user all the way.

Comment

Oh and the 1911 is (or was) probably the best side arm hands down.

Comment

the thompson was OP in the beta. i still remember every single sniper using it. now its one of the worse weapons
                            In the beta it was so good that many people rolling classes like assault medic and engineer even substitucted their main class weapons (wich were suposed to be better (so the ones which would be the most used instead of the all class ones)) by the thompson, just because it was so satisfing. Imagine the m60 before the patch but a little bit less damage, and a smaller magazine xD

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                              Oh and the 1911 is (or was) probably the best side arm hands down.
                              why does everyone say that? for me everytime i use the 1911 i fail with it. can barley get a kill. maybe that's just me...

btw MG3 IS BEAST!!

Comment

Working...
                              X