Behind Enemy Lines: Counter-Blitzkrieg Tactic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind Enemy Lines: Counter-Blitzkrieg Tactic

So we've all experienced the retreat call when our last MCOM for that segment of the map has been destroyed.

Instead of following the brainless retreat to your next defender location (with the possibility of getting shot on the way there), why not sit back?

What follows the retreat call of defenders is the bloodthirsty rush by the attacker team, with drooling lust for kills.

As a frequent defender on losing teams (no surprise there, defenders usually have less people than attackers), I've found that staying behind and hide somewhere is a much effective defensive measure against the rushing team. It drives fear and "wtf?" frustration into them.

Examples,

Arica Harbor, after your first MCOM segment is lost, stay on the hill behind the large boulder with recon and mortar will drive the attacker nuts. Of course, remember to drop a few mines behind to prevent a knife in the back. Engineer RPG will also make their tanks useless.

Nelson Bay Rush - hide in the woods, any class can do this in this map. I often go assault with shotty to flank the attacker line. Racking up 6 to 7 kills easily. Lure the enemy with the shotty and then drop few sticks of C4 when they pass.

Isla Inocentes - After Russian island is lost, jump into the waters, swim to the Eastern shore, hugging the rocks. They will not see you from overhead. After their APC've moved up and snipers in position, get back on the island and stab a few snipers in the back. Use tracer against any passing black hawk or APC. Steal their fast attack boats.

Port Valdez - First, second, third segments of the map all work. Either hide in the woods, near oil tanks, natural gas pipes, or in one of the buildings.

===========================

In addition to those areas of interest, have a full squad (preferably your friends or clan mates, or at least competent people). Have them spawn on you and you'll start drive the enemy, drive them forward, not backwards. Sandwich them in between your conventional line and your small flanking line.

The usual result from this tactic is they lose their momentum, they spend more time looking for you.

Hopefully all of you can do ninja or at least James Bond.

Steal their powerful vehicle or deny their use as often as possible. I dart their sitting tanks or light tanks with tracers immediately when they in. Or C4 stick them.

IMPORTANT: For this to work, it means you must have EXCELLENT TRIGGER DISCIPLINE, don't get greedy. Hit and run. Don't fire on the first target you see, wait after all of them run pass. Also, when you are driving forward, make sure you watch your back. They spawn behind you. I don't bring LMG for this kind of mission, they are loud and muzzle flashes are clear. Bring Fire and Forget weapons, or weapons that can kill very quickly.

Examples: Shotty, C4, Sniper rifles, Rockets, AT Mines, sensors, Any burst fire assault rifle.

Good luck and have fun :-)

Re: Behind Enemy Lines: Counter-Blitzkrieg Tactic

I have found doing this greatly increases the defenders chance of winning. I also have used this tactic for some time now. Good post.

Comment

I've been called out for spawn camping doing this tactic. It is a kickable offense on many servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roamer
        I've been called out for spawn camping doing this tactic. It is a kickable offense on many servers.
        Meh. Depending on how many people are playing, I'll hang around until I get killed.
        I tend to play on servers with few rules. I'll respect the rules of a server I go on, or leave. As someone who pays for/admins a server, some rules are in place to make the game more friendly for the masses. It sucks a lot to spawn dead in your main. A lot of people will just find another server when that happens.

Comment

Good strategy.

Comment

I wouldn't call this camping, I'm not going into their first spawn, merely sitting idle somewhere in between and hit them in the back.

If you sit in spawn, you'll get killed very quickly.

Comment

You can be called a spawn camper for anything these days...it isn't even camping their spawn >.<

Comment

I wouldn't call it spawn camping. It's up to them to kill you.

And yes, this is very good tactic that can easily win the game for the defenders. Even if you can only knock down the attackers by 10-15 points, it's a huge advantage.

One caution though - no more than one squad should do this. The rest need to be defending the MCOMS. It does no good to harass the enemy behind the lines if they simply roll out and blow your MCOMS.

Comment

This is the only time I have won as defenders on rush. That or as the team retreats, they destroy everything on the way and steal the vehicles.

I personally like to play mind games on the enemy. I will usually be assault with C4 and booby trap everything. Tanks, vehicles, the UAV station. They load up and you detonate. Ive actually stopped teams from using their assets because of this.

Cheap? Some would say so, but my objective is to stop you from using it. So my mission is accomplished.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Been kicked many times for not retreating I can't even count...

Comment

I always try to stay behind, you let the enemy pass while you remain hidden and basically spot lots

then you can either steal a vehicle, like a tank etc, get rid of the UAV (or in my case use it lol)

and then attack the entire enemy team from behind

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                        I always try to stay behind, you let the enemy pass while you remain hidden and basically spot lots

then you can either steal a vehicle, like a tank etc, get rid of the UAV (or in my case use it lol)

and then attack the entire enemy team from behind
                        Yupsies. Except... UAV??

Comment

the right time to steal UAV is when the attackers just destroy both mcoms and advance, leaving behind a working UAV. get in there before it gets destroyed and you got the UAV behind the enemy lines.

Comment

wouldn't believe how many times I have quickly nabbed the UAV, swooped in behind an enemy attack and taking out lots of targets, then jump off that and escape before the respawners show up lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                              wouldn't believe how many times I have quickly nabbed the UAV, swooped in behind an enemy attack and taking out lots of targets, then jump off that and escape before the respawners show up lol
                              Too risky,

I rather bury them with mortar or mine their tanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X