X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onslaught mode?

anyone know what this mode will be like? It sounds onslaughtious

Re: onslaught mode?

It's for consoles and it's Co-op. They are trying to get a way for it to be on PC.

Oh and they have to pay for it.

Comment

What I don't get is is it co-op against bots? Like Rush only as attackers vs. bot defenders?

Comment

Each map has a dedicated gameplay focus, requiring different levels of teamwork in order to complete the objectives against an onslaught of enemy AI.
        Not really rush or conquest then, it's more like holding your position with a few vehicles that you need keep alive with repairs, a game where you have a few tickets so you need medics, etc. I guess. All of that versus dumb bots (if they are like the others BF).

Comment

I hope that they make a zombie mod with it.

In regardless of zombies, if they done co-op right, then it should play like L4D with vehicles. Players either have to stay in certain area, hold position or protecting some assets from bots, or have to move from A to B alive while fending off endless waves of bots. Sounds like a lot of fun with friends.

Comment

Kind of reminds me of the mode in the older Ghost Recons where you and friends team up to take out all of the enemies on the map.

Comment

wtb zombie mode.

perhaps even big zombies who can crush walls =o

Comment

mi also wantz to haz a dragon vehicle and an epicz sword to slay huge zombie kirilenko

Comment

Don't knock this...

Playing Nazi Zombies or Spec Ops in CoD with the bros makes for epic experiences... and its very popular. If they do this right they could get some serious awesome points from myself.

Comment

and why isn't this on the PC? Clearly it should be for us... seeing how my computer could probably handle a lot more wave then some puny console! MUAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                      and why isn't this on the PC? Clearly it should be for us... seeing how my computer could probably handle a lot more wave then some puny console! MUAHAHA!
                      They don't want to give us anything. They refuse to give us any server code, "for security reasons." So P2P is out. They also don't want to give us dedicated servers for it, even though they provide ALL dedicated servers for consoles. We have to pay for ours, they get them for free. Pretty standard. So even if they do make it for PC, expect to wait months for something that only works if someone pays $50 a month for it.

But remember: They're doing us a HUGE favor by removing vehicle spawns for some maps and calling it IO, a "whole different game mode for free."
                      Yeah, because people needed another reason to whore CGs and sniper rifles...

The only reason EVERY engineer doesn't have the CG equipped is because some of us know that vehicles MIGHT come around, so we keep weapons that can fight them. If there is no chance for vehicles to attack, EVERY engineer will use CGs, and nobody will use tracers, mines, AT4s, or maybe even RPGs depending on the level of the user.

Comment

I want Nazi Zombies

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                          They don't want to give us anything. They refuse to give us any server code, "for security reasons." So P2P is out. They also don't want to give us dedicated servers for it, even though they provide ALL dedicated servers for consoles. We have to pay for ours, they get them for free. Pretty standard. So even if they do make it for PC, expect to wait months for something that only works if someone pays $50 a month for it.

But remember: [b]They're doing us a HUGE favor by removing vehicle spawns for some maps and calling it IO, a "whole different game mode for free."[b/]
                          Yeah, because people needed another reason to whore CGs and sniper rifles...

The only reason EVERY engineer doesn't have the CG equipped is because some of us know that vehicles MIGHT come around, so we keep weapons that can fight them. If there is no chance for vehicles to attack, EVERY engineer will use CGs, and nobody will use tracers, mines, AT4s, or maybe even RPGs depending on the level of the user.
                          I would rather have the opportunity to be able to rent a server and have the ability to control it in regards to what maps, game modes, who can play, etc then to just play on pub servers like the consoles.

Infantry Only.. very good. I absolutely love Conquest Arica Harbor because of no vehicles. I am able to own it up just fine with an assault... I have no problems taking care of recon or engineers with CG's. So, I doubt that your predictions will be true.

I guess I am glad EA/Dice listen to the wants and needs of the community and respond with what we like. It could be the other way like with that other game where the developer ignored the community and still does to this day.

Comment

So is this "left 4 dead" version for BFBC2?

Comment

Zombies would suck on BFBC2. lag + hit registration = death.

Comment

Working...
                              X