Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woes of climbing ranks. How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woes of climbing ranks. How do you do it?

I feel like I'm going through my mid-life crisis here.

Let's see, I earn about 1,500 ~ 2,500 pts per game, awards included.

Then I need about 60,000 (hypothetically speaking) to get to the next rank. Even with a 5,000 pt badge, that's still a long way off.

I feel this is turning into one of those boring GRINDING MMORPGs that kids play.

How do you climb ranks so fast? Especially those that are in their 35s and 40s.

I need tips.

I play medic, tons of points, but sucks when no one uses your medic kit.

Everyone is assault, so no point using that class.

Any bright ideas?

I go online about an hour a day.

Re: Woes of climbing ranks. How do you do it?

Start making videos and forget about ranking up.

Comment

OP,
      You never played BF2, did you?

lol

If you played BF2, you will realize the BC2 ranking system is soooo easy compared to BF2. Basically just keep playing the game, you'll slowly get there with Insignia's and Medals. I only got to 2nd Lieutenant after 300+ hours in Battlefield 2. I'm already a Lieutenant Colonel III in BC2 with only 183 hours. Catch my drift?

Comment

Yes

To the grind house!!

Comment

I play for thrills, not for numbers, elitism eat your heart out.

Just play and let the ranks come naturally. You've already unlocked everything, so play for fun!

Comment

I kinda wish your progress wasnt forced in your face after every round. It makes the rank up progress much more tedious. I think BC2's system is a lot like 2142, but with ranking up making ~10% of my play time, I forgot how it really felt, but I certainly dont remember it being a sludge of an experience like BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
              OP,

lol

If you played BF2, you will realize the BC2 ranking system is soooo easy compared to BF2. Basically just keep playing the game, you'll slowly get there with Insignia's and Medals. I only got to 2nd Lieutenant after 300+ hours in Battlefield 2. I'm already a Lieutenant Colonel III in BC2 with only 183 hours. Catch my drift?
              ranking up does seem tedious in this game. Since they put merit towards points from pins and badges. BF2 took a long time because all those token awards did not aid in your ranking, that only came from playing long hours.

In both systems though, I don't think you really get a good sense of someone's worth.

I recall in BF2, they started out with some super Sergeant Major or the Corps. That was supposed to the the elite of sorts and after that there were officer ranks...hmm, I don't recall how it was supposed to be setup though.

Honestly though, I recall wishing that BF2 had setup the rankings so that there were two paths to go down. Recall how they broke in the middle of your Sergeant? Well, at that point, I wanted them to go down a path of going all out enlisted or all out officer. Officer path would be for those that more instrested in Awards, while the Enlisted class would go all the way up through Warrant Officer, but would be based completely on playing kills, K/D, first place awards and such.

You had to choose and once down that path, that ingame name could never change. In effect, if you saw a Lt General, you knew that was someone that was a ribbon whore and they only played for tokens. When you saw a Master Sergeant or Chief Warrant Officer, you knew that person was a flat out run-and-gun god and would likely finish the round in the top 5.

That is kinda how it is in the modern military. Officers are political machines; while enlisted are people that fight for a living and earn their credit from field performance.

DiCE are you listening? Here is a new structure idea for BF3! Points or Stats, you have to choose one path after E-5!

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
                OP,
                That was just crazy...

Comment

Anything beyond rank 21 (or whichever gives you the last unlock) is extraneous and irrelevant. Why people want to rank up so desperately afterward is beyond me...

That said, if you still want to make such a pointless endeavor your main focus, you can acquire platinum status on all weapons, get all of your badges and continue playing something like Medic.

Comment

Yeah no point ranking when you've unlocked everything, it doesn't give you any kind of advantage at all. I only attained max rank in BF2142 and BC1 because it was short (150h in BF2142 and 60h in BC1).

I remember BF2 1.0 the first rank was at 1k pts, then the second rank at 10k, in a game where you earn ~50-100 pts per round it was long. Then the last rank was 2kk points, something horribly time consuming if you wanted to acheive it.

Comment

Yea i have still to this day not achieved the 20,000 point rank in BF2 however achieved the highest rank twice in BF2142, which for me had the most balanced ranking system in terms of points needed per rank. BC2 seems to stretch a bit between 2142 and Bf2 imo.

Comment

Just play.

Comment

This is why I love COD4 leveling (on PC, because prestige makes it worthless). You achieve level 55 in about 50 hours, and thats about the time it takes to get familiar with the game. The ranking process is/was like an introduction to the game. Anything beyond that is pure gameplay. Less elitism, less stats, less grinding, more playing for the fun of it, instead of the completionist-grinding-RPG reasons.

Comment

Surely thats subjective to the type of player though Chris? Some people play the game for fun from day 1.

Comment

I just want my dogtag to be gold, what rank is that by the way?

Every end round is a IN YOUR FACE kind of progression, slow, tedious, and painful.

Wish some actions reward more points.

All Squad assists should be +50
                              A headshot should be worth +30
                              Arming/defusing an MCOM should be worth 200

Maybe weapon point multiplier should also be in effect.

Knife kill +50 for every enemy stabbed

+20 for every shotgun kill in addition to the +50

+10 more for pistol kills.

This would also eliminate "weapon" wh0ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X