Steam wont let me play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam wont let me play...

Yet again I have a problem with Steam, This time when I try to open MW2 mp or the steam app I get an "Updating steam platform" bar.. I wait until it hits 99% and then this little guy pops up..

After a few seconds it just closes and that's the last I hear from that..

I tried googling this "SteamUI_1192" error but got no results. Why is Steam doing this to me and how do I fix it?

P.S. Another example of why I hate steam, constant flow of problems resulting in unplayable games you pay good $$ for..

Re: Steam wont let me play...

In steam right click on the game and go to PROPERTIES. Select the LOCAL FILES tab and run "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE". That is for the game itself. The Steam client could also be the issue and not the game. You can go to STEAM then select CHECK FOR STEAM CLIENT UPDATES and make sure the client is up to date.

See how those work.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I can't even go into Steam itself, it does the same thing the platform update for steam fails and then I get that error

Comment

ok I just did a fresh install of Steam and i can finally access my account, however now it's telling me i need to download all my games from the fkin internet? are they serious?? can I not just use the cd??

Comment

You should be able to. I think others have done that. and then synced the game up.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Meh I don't know, I'll try a few more things when i could be bothered.. I just hate steam sooo damn much I lost my complete orange box games in a similar situation to this one thanks to steam.. Just wish games wouldn't go through steam or at least give u an option to have it separate from steam.

Comment

Working...
            X