Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rig, Fresh Install, but can't patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rig, Fresh Install, but can't patch.

Hey,

just wondering if anyone has a solution for me on this.

I just built a new i7 5870 rig this weekend and installed BC2 this morning. Before I went to sleep (Yea, night shift), I opened the game to begin downloading the patch because my interwebs is only 60kbs dl maxd and I know from my previous rig that the patch took a good few hours o complete.

Needless to say that what I woke up, I was seriously pissed off because I was expecting to try out this game on my new rig and instead I was only to find that it said something about a Missing File Error while still in the process of downloading the game (30-50% done).

I have tried to redownload it again a few times and keep getting the same problem @ roughly the same progress done. At first I was thinking it had something to do with my TV shutting off for power saving and then I thought it might be me turning off the HDMI receiver (this is hooked up into a HDMI surround sound receiver and then played into my TV).

However, it seems to still do this file missing error even when I have been making sure to keep active on my computer and TV s nothing goes into stand by.

Right now I have just rebooted and am trying to start downloading again. If this fails, I will reinstall the game.

But in the meantime, since I have so much time now to wait for this to download - has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

I really wish EA would give you an option to dl the patch as a file too, because this is jus f'king stupid to have to download the patch over and over again on any computer I use when I could just simply put it on a usb stick and install it right away.

Re: New Rig, Fresh Install, but can't patch.

Make sure your NIC drivers/all drivers are up to date. Make sure windows is up to date run the updated in admin mode.

The file error code would help.

Comment

Try this: Go to program files, select the folder BC2 is in and look for the BC2updater application and run it as administrator.

Comment

Its just a missing file error code, it didn't really say anything else other then it has to stop.

In the meantime, thanks for the input so far guys.

Right now the reboot seems to be working. its further then i got before *knock on wood*

Comment

Man this sucks.

I go away to eat dinner and come back only to find this stupid error message again @ roughly 75% done.

This is exactly what it says:

"Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Updater

File not found.

There might be an internet connection problem or server is down.

Play the old version?

[Yes] [No]
          "

This is why I f'ing hate this new download through game only. I could have been playing the game right now if I could download the file off a website or torrent.

Comment

Have you tried running the updater as administrator?

Comment

Working...
            X