• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is Bad Co.2 like?

I think it is like BF2 but for retards.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
      Well if inhaled hypercapnia (too much carbon dioxide) occurs. The human body would respond by hyperventilating, sensing it was low on oxygen (hypoxemia), and the person would become dizzy, panicky, with bluish skin, eventually passing out and after about 4 minutes or so, brain death from lack of oxygen will occur, in addition to massive organ failure if the CO2 exposure was prolonged.
      Now that's funny. I didn't get it at first but that **** is funny.

Comment

Like the old battlefields but compressed into a neat action filled little package. I really like the infantry focused fights, the maps, weapons, everything. I can see myself playing this game a long time ahead. So much whine on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
          Like the old battlefields but compressed into a neat action filled little package. I really like the infantry focused fights, the maps, weapons, everything. I can see myself playing this game a long time ahead. So much whine on these forums.
          Not just this forum but everywhere. Remember what generation your living in now.

Comment

Despite the optimism I had about this game it totally sucks...

The graphics are wicked and the map sizes are perfect but the hit detection totally fu**s this game for me.. Couldn't count the times I have lined up a head shot, taken it and seen the players body take the hit straight in the head but don't even get so much as a hit mark and then other wtf moments when I miss a shot by a couple of feet and still get the kill. Then there's the awesome idea of having ghillie suits but no prone? lol what is that about? and the M24 that shoots what feels like a 22 rimfire instead of a Lapua. For me and the way I play this game (Mostly sniper class) these few shortcomings really destroy the game for me.

One thing I do love though is the knifing, feels good actually working for a knife instead of just teleport lunging 30 feet like in MW2..

Comment

it feels like that:

ok, not always tho

Comment

I'll take a bad day in BC2 over a good day in MW2 any day. Battlefield series > COD all day long baby. Are there morons who don't know how to use their kit to help the team? Sure, but that's not the fault of the game. The perks balance one another, adapt and overcome instead of whining. BC2 variety in features and maps beats the pants off COD.

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
                  it feels like that:

ok, not always tho
                  More like: he hits the deer three times in the chest and face, the deer runs up and gores him with his antlers.

Comment

LOL, the deer thing is great

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah sorry I disagree with most people here, who seem to be focusing on the negative aspects, and what are just their bad experiences perhaps on certain servers.

I'm going to compare to specifically BF2. People are complaining about gustavs in BC2, please cry me a river. 5 grenades on EVERY soldier. Nothing I've seen in this game eclipses the stupidity of 90% of players playing karkand, clustering around the hotel area, not even bothering to try to suburbs, square or train accident. Raining nades constantly and wasting tickets on a fight that goes no where. First there are only 1 nade on each solider in this game, people do spam the various RPGs, which you can side step in a lot of situations, and now that the blast radius on the gustav is lowered a bit, while still annoying for some, I've found it more tolerable, and since it takes a few seconds to reload you can't rain them down like the nades in BF2.

Also in BC2 you can't even have a Hotel like area where everyone clusters around, and fights endlessly and nothing changes really. The destruction changes the game fundamentally, gameplay can be made tactical with things like lean, prone, cooking nades, ect ect. However the maps them selfs are tactical elements in this game, nothing in the map is the same after a couple minutes, and while some games are more detailed in their destruction most of those lack the gameplay elements to make it a really solid shoot for multiplayer (I'm looking at you red faction, since crysis has next to no destruction in multiplayer). It's just not comparable, in other games maps were good based on design and how the flow was shaped on that. Here while that exists, each play through the map has too many variables to play the same. In pervious games, running around the wall was a clear safe zone, nothing like that exists in BC2, almost everything in the map may be gone or change in a instant.

Squads. While a lot of the squad mechanics are gone in BC2, and I miss the squad leader Commo-Rose, what I don't miss was how 90% of servers most of the time had teams with half or less squadded up. Me and my friends only played on a handful of servers, and the two we played through out our days with BF2, were on servers that kicked people for not squadding up. A team with half squaded up, usually meant the game did play like it should, and would be quite random, with your team making very scattered and ultimately usually failing attacks with the enemy team was even a bit more co-ordinated. BC2 can be the same way, though most people are squadded up, whether they play for the team is different server to server, it has nothing to do with the game it self. Thought extra points for helping your squad specifically is a great incentive for proper squad work.

Sounds. Obviously BC2 is better, but thats not what I really like about it, it that I can actually hear it. What I mean is that in BF2, with commanders spotting wayyyyyy to much, and every second almost some one spotting or saying something in the voice queues, thats all you could hear most of the time. It was seriously distracting, and while their limited the commander at one point in a patch, it wasn't enough to address the endless stream of unnecessary audio garbage being bombarded at you every second.

Hit detection. The knifing was fudged in the last patch, it looks like it's being addressed on at least some level this next patch. However BF2, before 1.5 which was like you know most of the time span of BF2, it was pretty bad at times, especially for infantry. Infantry had to deal with that and cone ballistic that often made it a gamble if you would actually hit some one even if they were perfectly lined up, and some guns cones were outright disastrous, I don't even know how I used the enfield that long. However we all had incidents in vehicles as well, with missiles passing through other vehicles, or hitting the hit box, when the actual texture wasn't even close. The whole J-10 VS JSF (as some fly boy used to call it a flying coffin) issues was only mostly solved in 1.5. If you are having issues with hit detection in this game, from my perspective it's your situation some how, because for my self it's miles better then Bf2, especially before 1.5 and still better after 1.5.

lastly I'll talk about call of duty. Now I can't speak to whats happened in MW2, why? because before MW1, I was good with the stock game, MW1 was horrible in my eyes, as a stock game. Almost the same as COD:WaW. It was the mods that saved COD 4 and 5 for my friends and I. Again most stock maps in MW1, were like BF2 on smaller infantry maps, 90% of nade rain. Custom rules, maps, and various gained abilities and limitation to the players through mods transformed the game and had very little to do with the stock game.

BC2 isn't exactly like previous battlefield titles. When you say it's like COD, well which COD are you talking about? because COD1 and MW2 have little in common, one of them doesn't even have lean. And while I do think it's closer to COD:UO or COD5 since they both have vehicles and one had squads, the destruction separates it from comparison of any previous major shooter I can think of. It's very much it's own game It has some of the battlefield elements, and some of the COD:MW elements, but it's a different package. If you just enjoy the play style of those previous games from either series, go play them, most of those still have active servers on PC.

I'm not saying I love BC2, but I like it for what it brings to the table. It's my main FPS right now, but with L4D second. not playing much COD4 or 5, and I haven't played BF2 since BC2 came out, not that there aren't times I want to. It's not the First FPS I've liked, but I like a lot of it, and it has amazing amazing moments. It hopefully isn't the last FPS I really get into on the multiplayer side. Crysis I loved, but had horrible multiplayer, and MW2 just changed to something that wasn't for me. Heck I never even really touched counter strike.

If you dislike BC2 then state it like that, that it's your take on the game, not that it is a bad game, a lot of gameplay elements and styles are subjective, we don't all experience the same thing. And thats probably the best argument for considering games art.

Comment

I'm sorry but the poll doesnt have too mutch from where to pick from and it just doesnt match my opinion, so i havent voted.

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
                          it feels like that:

ok, not always tho
                          Fake, no one is that bad of a shot.

EDIT: then again it could be an American video, they have a habit of giving mentally challenged people firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreepy Kitteh =^o.O^=

EDIT: then again it could be an American video, they have a habit of giving mentally challenged people firearms.
                            Ah. So I take it you've killed before? You know, since you're an expert on firearms and how to use them, you've actually... used them, right?

I've seen kids miss on purpose before. It's different when you realize you're about to snuff a life.

Comment

I do F-Class target shooting out to 1000 yards, at the distance in the video even if your scope is facing sideways you ain't going to miss 3 times.

EDIT: Unless of course you're a retard

Comment

Originally posted by Kreepy Kitteh =^o.O^=

What guns have you fired in real life? What types of scopes? (Scopes are for softies, but ill save that for another thread.)
                                Im proud to say i qualified expert marksman for the US army. 38/40 with no scope

Comment

Working...
                                X