Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep seeing so many people not using single or burst fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep seeing so many people not using single or burst fire.

I know it's hard to change the way you do things, especially if you have been doing things a certain way for many years, but please for the love of those who want someone who can actually hit a target please read the on.

When in close quarters combat use 2-3 round bursts (always use burst shots if you have the drop on someone) or Full auto if your target is about 16 feet (5 meters) or less away from you.

When you are firing from short to medium range (say about 10-25 meters short range and 25-60 meters for long range ) use single fire and 2-3 round bursts with preference towards single shot for longer ranges.

When thinking about firing at long range, STOP! Don't even do it until you get better at long range, because most of you are unlikely to hit your target without either a sniper rifle, an ACOG 4x sight or at the very least a red dot sight. Firing at a target that is further than 60 meters away is usually a waste of ammo if you only get 1 or 2 hits from a full magazine and will probably get you killed because you gave away your position or the person you are firing at is better than you.

If you can't hit your targets, please try to remember what I am saying here and put it into practice. Just try it, I'm sure you will get better at the game if you can remember when to do single, burst and full auto shooting.

Re: I keep seeing so many people not using single or burst fire.

When I first played BC2 I was coming from Red Orchestra after a BF break, and I didn't remember this damn cone of dispersion. I hate that when you have no visual cues that your bullets strangely go at 45° from your gun if you keep the finger on the trigger while aiming down the sight.

Comment

I came from Rainbow Six, burst fire is not a problem for me.

I don't bother shooting targets that I can't see without a dot scope. That will give away my position.

For assault, I only fire on targets that is about the same height as my XM8 iron sight.

Comment

lol I got a hackusation the other night because I was dropping people with my pp2000 from long range. :P

Comment

I naturally burst fire anyway. I barely ever use full auto unless it's point blank.

Comment

Is there a way to change the firing mode? Meaning from full auto to single burst like in BF2?

Comment

No, there's no way. Welcome back pre BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                No, there's no way. Welcome back pre BF2.
                Once again this points to the PC version being a console port because the consoles are limited on controls.

Comment

I don't see why is that a problem.

Comment

Because maybe you want to fire one bullet with rifles like M16 or AN94 instead of a burst each time.

Comment

Play Metro 2033, you'll learn to save EVERY SINGLE BULLET.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                        Play Metro 2033, you'll learn to save EVERY SINGLE BULLET.
                        So i have heard XD.

Right now as I am too accustomed to MW2, I just fire away, I need to change as you simply loss too much accuracy (and sight) when you fire constantly.

Comment

who needs single or burst when you can hold the hammer down on the M60, not even right click to aim and get headshots? hehehe

for range single single bust on the M-60 with just a red dot scope can be amazing but this game definitely needs a selector like BF2 for single or bust and seeing as it was only a double button press on the main weapon key it cant be that hard to add in a patch.

Comment

Working...
                          X