Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249 Saw , you little beauty!

Hey guys,

Now after some tough time starting BFBC2 I have finally unlocked the M249 Saw and i have to say: wow.
    I really like this gun for many reasons:
    Damage - Seems to be alot more then the PKM
    Accuracy - Again so much better
    Clip size - This is the most amazing feature of this gun.

Now with medic I find I can take out almost every single class, before when an assault and I got into a fire fight he would normally win. Now what happens is he runs out of ammo and a few shots later he is dead by the saw.

My question: Does this happen with all the guns as they are unlocked? And Is the M60 better than this gun?

Thanks guys.

Re: M249 Saw , you little beauty!

Originally posted by RYKUU
    Now with medic I find I can take out almost every single class, before when an assault and I got into a fire fight he would normally win. Now what happens is he runs out of ammo and a few shots later he is dead by the saw.
    Eh, not to rain on your parade mate, but if the assault you're fighting has time to run out of ammo before you get the kill, then it's more due to a sucky assault player than the awesomeness of your LMG.

Comment

The M249 Saw is a good Lmg at close to medium range but the M60 is the boss for brute fire power and long range kills................until another patch comes out and no telling what ????????????

Comment

M249 isn't bad if you know how to use it. It is not a great gun, but not a bad one either. It's strength is mid to short range which you can blast enemy with short bursts. The ROF is fast to compensate for low per bullet damage. It is kind of suck at large map with open space, such as Atacama and first level of Africa Harbor. Not the accurate one, so don't try to engage toe-to-toe with other guns at longer range.

At this moment, there is no bad LMG except MG3. Wait until you get M60, then you'll know what people are crying about. Yes, even after the nerf. You joined the party late. The M60 rape was so much fun on the giving side.

I just got my silver star with M249. It is very enjoying gun to use with RDS and magnum ammo. This is the LMG for run-n-gun. Others do require crouch-strafe and well positioning unless paired with forward grip (enhanced handling).

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
        Eh, not to rain on your parade mate, but if the assault you're fighting has time to run out of ammo before you get the kill, then it's more due to a sucky assault player than the awesomeness of your LMG.
        Such situation happens very often when the said assault is engaging two targets. Ammo runs out very quickly.

And hitreg bug doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
          Such situation happens very often when the said assault is engaging two targets. Ammo runs out very quickly.

And hitreg but doesn't help.
          Fair enough, although most assaults seem to use the AN-94 which usually has no problem with dropping multiple enemies per clip. Or you could be like me and whore the Remington and either get the kill or get boned by the hitreg completely.

Comment

M249 isn't bad if you know how to use it. It is not a great gun, but not a bad one either. It's strength is mid to short range which you can blast enemy with short bursts. The ROF is fast to compensate for low per bullet damage. It is kind of suck at large map with open space, such as Atacama and first level of Africa Harbor. Not the accurate one, so don't try to engage toe-to-toe with other guns at longer range.

At this moment, there is no bad LMG except MG3. Wait until you get M60, then you'll know what people are crying about. Yes, even after the nerf. You joined the party late. The M60 rape was so much fun on the giving side.

I just got my silver star with M249. It is very enjoying gun to use with RDS and magnum ammo. This is the LMG for run-n-gun. Others do require crouch-strafe and well positioning unless paired with forward grip (enhanced handling).

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

And hitreg but doesn't help.
            This problem does not affect me.

Comment

The M249 is a nice weapon indeed. I think you'll have a bigger surprise when you pick up the M60.

What I don't understand is why you can't play assault well. Assault rifles take people down faster than LMGs. Did you try firing in short accurate bursts to the upper body?

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                The M249 is a nice weapon indeed. I think you'll have a bigger surprise when you pick up the M60.

What I don't understand is why you can't play assault well. Assault rifles take people down faster than LMGs. Did you try firing in short accurate bursts to the upper body?
                He is good with XM8P. Everybody sucks with AEK at the beginning. I think he still has the reflex of G36E or Krylov from previous games.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-

Well I played assault pretty much the beginning of starting the game, I tried those techniques but I found I couldn't kill anyone easily most of it was with the noob tube >.<

He is good with XM8P. Everybody sucks with AEK at the beginning. I think he still has the reflex of G36E or Krylov from previous games.
                  Both great guns...

Comment

The M249 is the top dog when you need ROF. But for those long ranges and moments of accuracy... It's not the best.

Comment

M249 SAW is my favourite LMG - I don't bother much with long range fights when playing medic so it fits me perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                        The M249 is the top dog when you need ROF. But for those long ranges and moments of accuracy... It's not the best.
                        Have you used the MG3?

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                          Have you used the MG3?
                          I can't hit any crap with MG3.

Comment

M249 is a nice weapon, but honestly slap RDS on any of the LMGs and I'll tear up the enemy. L88 lmg is working very nicely for me lately. Just unlocked magnum ammo though, so we'll see how that changes things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate79
                              M249 is a nice weapon, but honestly slap RDS on any of the LMGs and I'll tear up the enemy. L88 lmg is working very nicely for me lately. Just unlocked magnum ammo though, so we'll see how that changes things.
                              Yeah the 88 is a beast of a gun...In sane.
                              Since I have unlocked these weapons I have just been getting so much better. BFBC2 medic game-play is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X