Do you squad hop in the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you squad hop in the game?

I remember people used to do this in BF2 and people made such a stink about it that DICE made it where you couldn't.

Re: Do you squad hop in the game?

Not in pub play, but in a match we squad hop to get around the map to defend/assault easier/quicker. I think its a valid tactic.

Comment

Yes. If I have a medic or assault in a class that wont drop a pack, I will dump them. I am usually making them #1 squad a lot of the times, so they dont deserve the points. Now if they are all like that, I will use them like tools like Tampa mentioned and get to the action faster.

After reading this post, I'm kinda mean

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I normally just make a squad and that is it. Back in the old BF2 days, I would kick people all the time if they wanted to be a sniper or a VOIP douche. I've not really played with the squad functions, but I recall in BF2, they changed it because people would die and leave/join the same squad to spawn on a forward squad leader.

They kept that in mind with BC2. Seems like DiCE has kept a good list of little things on why they did things in the past. I'm glad to see they don't have short memories on some of this stuff.

As to the point about squad jumping, I'll jump squads if everyone is just a bunch of people spawning anywhere and not together. I'll type in squad chat the person's name that is out of line to see if they will get with the program and push together.

Comment

I like full squads over 2-3 people, so I do.
          Similar to what tampa said, I do sometimes change to get to the fight quicker.

Comment

I always squad hop to get to the frontline faster, unless im in a decent squad who is working together.

Comment

If i am in a squad that never tries to go in for the objective, i try to find the squad that is always trying to rush in. I always try to avoid squads with more than 1 Sniper.

Comment

If my squad is dead, and there are people in another squad in a good position, I will move to that squad, spawn, then re move back to my old squad so they can all spawn on me.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                  If my squad is dead, and there are people in another squad in a good position, I will move to that squad, spawn, then re move back to my old squad so they can all spawn on me.
                  This.

Comment

Yup that's what I do too.

Comment

If im in tactical gaming servers: the only server of which i know of atm that has good ping for me and they actually do play in squads. If there are 3 TG guys in a squad, ill hop in bc they do work like dawgs..

If its in any other pub, i will always hop squads to get myself to a favorable spot on the map

Comment

if by squad hoppin you mean this:
                        Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
                        then yes

Comment

Yes. Yes, I do.

Comment

If my squad is comprised of recons, yes I do go to a squad with some frontline players.

Comment

I don't do it for every respawn but If my squad is full of snipers just sitting around the edge of the map and not being all that helpful for me I'll leave that squad and join another one to spawn further forward. I might start squad hopping like the good old BF2 days. Wonder how long it will be until they stop you from joining squads whilst your dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X