Life ends at 40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life ends at 40?

Now I may be alone here and to be honest, I hope i am. But what is it that makes all players I come across hit rank 40 and turn into a complete and utter arse hole?

I'm yet to meet someone over rank 40 that doesn't noobtube continuously, spawn rape, gustav the floor in front of them instead of using bullets and isn't a general retard.

A perfect example was today I was in a server with a rank 44 guy and a load of 7-25 guys. If I needed ammo or med the new guys were more than happy to run to my aid or drop a box for me to run for. But Mr 44... Oh good heavens no! I had to stand in front of him while he was spawn raping depriving him of any visibility until he was killed (by someone I killed after) and I took his kit and resupplied myself.

Another example was a time when some other 40something guy was tracer darting this new guy (rank 2 or 3) in the face because he wouldn't defuse. I mean the poor guy probably didn't even know HOW to defuse not to mention his massively negative K/D pretty much said he was still trying to learn. Give the guy a break.

Please tell me I am alone.

Re: Life ends at 40?

Add me man. I will sprint across the map to re supply, revive, heal, anything to help my team. Sadly there are people out there that just dont get it.

Comment

He's got a point, but I'm most definitely not like that though.

Comment

Nothing to do with the ranks, if people are *******, they will be ******* from 1 to 50.

Comment

I'm rank 40 and I don't do any tubing or carl gustaving... anymore. I got my platinum with them in a few days of play just so whenever I get killed by them I can think back to the 1000 times I did it

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
            Nothing to do with the ranks, if people are *******, they will be ******* from 1 to 50.
            Exactly, they just get points faster.

Comment

Yep. One time I ran out of ammo so I kept following an ammo guy crying for ammo. He was dead so I revived him(just started enjoying my M60) and kept asking for ammo. Then he took off again.

Comment

You know, I'll say that there is something to be said to the effect that: People who gravitate to a quick rise in rank are already people predisposed to self servicing their score and less focused on teamwork.

They know that they can get certain points via certain actions and awards. So, what is better? Getting 7 kills and getting the bonus pin or giving out x amount of supplies for small token points. They figure that they can get more head shots and bonus points for kills in a row and that is their goal.

In BF2, the first half of my ranking (when I had a weaker computer) was dominated by team work of reviving and healing because I could not really keep up with the frame rates required to run and gun. But out of that, I was always in the back of the main fight keeping our group tickets up and people in the front lines fighting.

Here in BC2, I see a heck of lot less medics (maybe because G36E is not the same?). People seem to only throw med packs at their own feet and not as much for their squad.

Also, you always will have Quake style players that come into this genre of FPS that are total deathmatch players...they were never CTF players in Quake, they never played TF, and they are individuals to the core. We see them in life when we want to make lane changes on the highways and we see them ingame. They have high scores because they are obsessive about playing long ours for their own selfish entertainment, which leads to them focusing on their own game. People here on this forum are community minded players. We gravite to games like Team Fortress and Battlefield because we all want to work together, because life is better with people around. Hell, sex is less fun by yourself, and why is gaming any different? These guys are just people doing gaming masturbation.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                  Hell, sex is less fun by yourself, and why is gaming any different? These guys are just people doing gaming masturbation.
                  LMAO Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by fore a lot
                    Yep. One time I ran out of ammo so I kept following an ammo guy crying for ammo. He was dead so I revived him(just started enjoying my M60) and kept asking for ammo. Then he took off again.
                    You should have kit switch, drop an ammo pack, kit switch again then you revive him.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                      You should have kit switch, drop an ammo pack, kit switch again then you revive him.
                      Oh, another thing, maybe these people just don't have their voice options set to hear things in your local language and they are hearing it in foreign language. So, they don't know wtf your doing, just jumping around like a spaz. That said, I can think of a million times in BF2 I had that little icon above my head saying I was requesting ammo or a med-pack and people went on their ways laughing about not giving aid.

Comment

I have found that players over the 35-40 mark tend to be a little more annoying in their techniques. However they are probably at that level because they have used such techniques since day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                          Another example was a time when some other 40something guy was tracer darting this new guy (rank 2 or 3) in the face because he wouldn't defuse. I mean the poor guy probably didn't even know HOW to defuse not to mention his massively negative K/D pretty much said he was still trying to learn. Give the guy a break.

I legitimately feel sorry for that guy.

Comment

No one drops ammo and med kit constantly anymore, I always had to run to a friendly position to rearm.

Don't think there's anything wrong with using the M2, not all of us are elite garand users.

Sometimes, situations call for different weapons. I can't use medic on a map with armor, nor can I use M2 on Snow Pass.

Comment

Once a dick, always a dick. They don't change.

Comment

Working...
                              X