Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body want to exchange friend codes on pokemon soul silver or platinium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any body want to exchange friend codes on pokemon soul silver or platinium?

Listen, I like Smash bros. WAY more than pokemon. I also like the NES more than the Gameboy. Does that mean I have to disregard the importance of the things I dislike? NO. For example, I don't particularly like Halo, but that doesn't mean I don't see its popularity. Try coming out from under your rock of subjectivity and actually listening to people instead of shoving your ******** implications into my mouth.

You need to stop caring so much and retaliating like this because you really fail at it. Also, cut down on the fallacy and broad generalization; I can just as easily say that most of the players of Smash bros. aren't fit to write lists worthy of publishing. I don't think sales determine the quality of a game, but they usually do correlate to the quality. You view the term popular so subjectively that you immediately jumped to conclusions, and it really distorts the way you've read this thread.

I hope you really are trolling, because you just don't seem like a 27 year-old when you're posting like a defensive, petulant child. Grow the f*** up or shut the f*** up. I can talk all day about your last post, but I doubt you'd listen, so I'm going to stop right here and let you think whatever stupidly ignorant things you'd like.

Comment

Okay... Let's just say the Gameboy was clearly bought for the sole purpose of the Pokemon series and the N64,Gamecube and Wii consoles was for the soul purpose of smash brothers... and Zelda :P

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Spire
        Listen, I like Smash bros. WAY more than pokemon. I also like the NES more than the Gameboy. Does that mean I have to disregard the importance of the things I dislike? NO. For example, I don't particularly like Halo, but that doesn't mean I don't see its popularity. Try coming out from under your rock of subjectivity and actually listening to people instead of shoving your ******** implications into my mouth.

You need to stop caring so much and retaliating like this because you really fail at it. Also, cut down on the fallacy and broad generalization; I can just as easily say that most of the players of Smash bros. aren't fit to write lists worthy of publishing. I don't think sales determine the quality of a game, but they usually do correlate to the quality. You view the term popular so subjectively that you immediately jumped to conclusions, and it really distorts the way you've read this thread.

I hope you really are trolling, because you just don't seem like a 27 year-old when you're posting like a defensive, petulant child. Grow the f*** up or shut the f*** up. I can talk all day about your last post, but I doubt you'd listen, so I'm going to stop right here and let you think whatever stupidly ignorant things you'd like.

Oh so you can go "I really don't get what the **** you're talking about." and "Don't be stupid and disregard them just because you don't like handhelds."

But when someone shows you how wrong you are with a little common sense and some basic facts you want to act like they are being "defensive". All you've done is explode and admit you got emotional because I brought up the "broad" fact that the largest portion of pokemon gamers are extremely young. If you take that as an insult it is your own problem. Someone obviously needs to grow up and stop being defensive.

Fallacious comment by denying the antecedent = Pokemon is more popular than Super Smash Bros because pokemon's sales are higher.

Examples:

McDonalds on [insert street name here] is better than [insert favorite homemade burger joint name here] because McDonalds sales more burgers.

The Matrix Reloaded was more popular than the Matrix because it sold more tickets at the box office.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith were better than the original Star Wars because they both made more money.

Wii sports is more popular than all video games because it sold more copies.

If a popularity contest isn't what you were going for then maybe you should have stated so earlier before acting like a complete [insert "defensive" verbal attack here].

Comment

Geez it's just a thread about Pokemon. What's with all the fighting :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            Oh so you can go "I really don't get what the **** you're talking about." and "Don't be stupid and disregard them just because you don't like handhelds."

But when someone shows you how wrong you are with a little common sense and some basic facts you want to act like they are being "defensive". All you've done is explode and admit you got emotional because I brought up the "broad" fact that the largest portion of pokemon gamers are extremely young. If you take that as an insult it is your own problem. Someone obviously needs to grow up and stop being defensive.

Fallacious comment by denying the antecedent = Pokemon is more popular than Super Smash Bros because pokemon's sales are higher.

Examples:

McDonalds on [insert street name here] is better than [insert favorite homemade burger joint name here] because McDonalds sales more burgers.

The Matrix Reloaded was more popular than the Matrix because it sold more tickets at the box office.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith were better than the original Star Wars because they both made more money.

Wii sports is more popular than all video games because it sold more copies.

If a popularity contest isn't what you were going for then maybe you should have stated so earlier before acting like a complete [insert "defensive" verbal attack here].
            I really don't know what you want, but you really don't get what I'm saying. What you basically say is that the 2nd best selling videogame franchise of all time isn't worth recognizing because mainly children like and play it. What I said in response was that Smash Bros. also has that audience as a majority. Somewhere you start getting into the judgmental mindset of disregarding this series by comparing it to Smash bros. in terms of the best games of all time or whatever.

Now you can spout your "basic facts and common sense" all you want, but that's not going to change the fact that Pokemon is more popular than Smash bros. And I think you may want to check your history a little because Pokemon has been a regular on many a published list of best videogames of all time.

What you perceive as being defensive is the fact that I disagree with your opinion because you focus on the aspects of this series that make it seem less relevant to your age group so you can try to prove your point. I understand what you're saying with your examples of popularity in context with movies, but you completely miss the scale of the comparison. What Pokemon is is a goliath with so many aspects that Smash Bros. just can't compete. Pokemon has sold 193 million copies of games, not counting the additional merchandising and stuff that came after the first release. You are comparing quality to quantity and think I think the same way as you do.

I don't. I would put Smash bros. much higher on my list of favorite series than Pokemon, but in terms of which one is more important for videogaming as a whole? Pokemon wins, without a doubt, because it was the inception of millions of new gamers and older gamers alike. Pokemon isn't just for children and it really is one of the most age-friendly series I have ever seen. Once you get past the simple, childish exterior, the depth of the RPG remaining is incredibly intricate. You probably don't like RPG's from what you say, but Pokemon is basically the only recognizable juggernaut in that genre besides Final Fantasy.

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood you or something, but I feel like you've been misunderstanding this thread the whole time. I think you should probably try pokemon before you speak against it or try to discount its importance.

Comment

I really don't know what you want, but you really don't get what I'm saying. What you basically say is that the 2nd best selling videogame franchise of all time isn't worth recognizing because mainly children like and play it. What I said in response was that Smash Bros. also has that audience as a majority. Somewhere you start getting into the judgmental mindset of disregarding this series by comparing it to Smash bros. in terms of the best games of all time or whatever.
              You compared it to smash bros and I can only guess why is because you can't understand how a gamer can go through life without knowing anything about pokemon. All I did was state the only reference I know of to the game was in Smash Bros. I can honestly say from witnessing the game it does not appeal to me.

Now you can spout your "basic facts and common sense" all you want, but that's not going to change the fact that Pokemon is more popular than Smash bros. And I think you may want to check your history a little because Pokemon has been a regular on many a published list of best videogames of all time.
              You are not going to find pokemon on more "most popular video games of all time than super smash bros." By this theory you do think that wii sports is the most popular game of all time. And while pokemon has made it on lists that go by units sold it does not make it on as many lists as Super Smash Bros that go by
              pop·u·lar
              –adjective
              regarded with favor, approval, or affection by people in general

What you perceive as being defensive is the fact that I disagree with your opinion because you focus on the aspects of this series that make it seem less relevant to your age group so you can try to prove your point. I understand what you're saying with your examples of popularity in context with movies, but you completely miss the scale of the comparison. What Pokemon is is a goliath with so many aspects that Smash Bros. just can't compete. Pokemon has sold 193 million copies of games, not counting the additional merchandising and stuff that came after the first release. You are comparing quality to quantity and think I think the same way as you do.
              What I perceive as defensive is the fact that you decided to defend pokemon when I didn't state any kind of opinion on the game in either way and just stated my only reference to the game. I didn't bring up age groups I merely did exactly what you claim to have done but clearly haven't; I disagreed with the method and reasoning you used to claim that pokemon was "much more popular". I have 3 different pokemon games in my gameboy collection of games that I obviously didn't buy because I've never had the desire to play them. You either confused my statement on the majority of pokemon gamers to be very young (a well known fact) to have sarcasm or just have a problem with the statement for other reasons that do not concern me or my opinions of which I have none on a game I've never played. I have not spoken on it's importance or anything of the sort.

You are making assumptions about someone who hasn't said anything that would make someone believe they didn't like RPGs. To disagree on this subject doesn't mean anything except exactly what it is. The reason I was brought into this thread is because she knows I enjoy RPG games including the most notorious one of them all. I've enjoyed rpg games since D&D, I've collected magic the gathering cards and have been playing MUDs since BBS. Pokemon is a great game to get people into RPG games but having socialized with many RPG gamers it isn't that popular with people who have a long history in RPG games or people in "general" no matter how many units it sold.

Comment

I don't feel like arguing with you anymore. We obviously won't be able to convince each other because of our various skewed perspectives. Let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                X