Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body want to exchange friend codes on pokemon soul silver or platinium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body want to exchange friend codes on pokemon soul silver or platinium?

I just bought pokemon soul silver and am looking for some rivals... Does anyone in this forum play and would like to play with me?

Re: Any body want to exchange friend codes on pokemon soul silver or platinium?

Wow, no one here plays pokemon?
    Or is it because you don't want to admit you like playing a cute animal like collecting game?
    Captain Crunch? Lunatik? I know you have one!!!!
    Vreki probably owns a pichu along with stilla and his psyduck!

Comment

I never actually played Polemon before.

Comment

I have HeartGold and play it a lot but I still haven't got my Wi-fi working.

Comment

Honestly I really don't know what pokemon is. The only reference I have to pichu is super smash bros. I mean I know it's a cartoon but I can't tell you what the cartoon is about and I've never seen a game about it besides super smash bros having stuff to do with it.

Comment

Pokemon's a role-playing game series where you catch "pocket monsters" and use them to fight each other. They have like 500 individual pokemon or something now.

Also, Pokemon is much more popular than Smash bros. Each game sells crazy amounts of copies and this series started on the Gameboy, so it has been around for at least 10 years (closer to 15 years).

Comment

So how do online battles and trading work now? I haven't played since Ruby/Sapphire.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                Honestly I really don't know what pokemon is. The only reference I have to pichu is super smash bros. I mean I know it's a cartoon but I can't tell you what the cartoon is about and I've never seen a game about it besides super smash bros having stuff to do with it.
                Originally posted by Still-Killa
                I never actually played Polemon before.
                Wow, you guys don't know what pokemon is? Gee... it's almost like you've been living in a.... forum :P
                Anywho I still cant believe that you have never even herd of it when what Obsidian spire said was totally true.

Originally posted by braindo27
                I have HeartGold and play it a lot but I still haven't got my Wi-fi working.
                Well when you do get it up send me a pm on here!

Originally posted by wizrdwarts
                o how do online battles and trading work now? I haven't played since Ruby/Sapphire.
                It's all wifi now... so you dont have to only battle your friends... if you join a pokemon site people post their friend codes online and do battle... its hecka fun! Just wished some of my friends on here would have it as well

Comment

Basically this

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of game boy either and I doubt that pokemon was "much more popular" than smash brothers on normal consoles.

Edit-

I checked it out and yeah I was right.

Super Smash Bros brawl thrashed Pokemon sales on the wii.
                    Super Smash bros Melee was the number 1 selling game on the gamecube.

This game alone made the both consoles worth purchasing.

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of game boy either and I doubt that pokemon was "much more popular" than smash brothers on normal consoles.
                      It's mostly a handheld series, hence "pocket monsters". You don't remember it being a hugely popular Gameboy game? How old are you?

VGChartz - extensive game chart coverage, including sales data, news, reviews, forums, & game database for PS5, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch & PC

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                        And Super Smash Bros was a console series. What I said is valid. Gameboys was like 40 dollars and were paper weights most of the time.
                        Deal is pokemon was released on consoles and did pretty good but not as good as super smash bros. This would lead someone to believe that when you can choose super smash bros over pokemon more people will. How many copies something sold on some hand held device that wasn't as fun as the consoles and mostly used when you couldn't use a console is a mute point.

Like I said, I wasn't a fan of gameboy and I'm 27. The game system had no place in my life and I doubt I spent more than 24 hours playing mine since it's release. Going on a car trip = staying up all night the night before playing good games and then sleeping during the trip. At some point I put a nes in our vehicle and now I have a laptop.

If you like pokemon that is cool but trying to compare it to smash brothers to make a point just doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty sure if you took a poll of Americans around my age you would find that the original zelda would be much more popular than pokemon and as we can see zelda's sales can not compete with pokemon.

Comment

I really don't get what the **** you're talking about. ONE pokemon game generation (Red/Blue/Green) has more sales than the entire Smash Bros. series. I just said it was popular and never specified that it was more popular on consoles. You say Smash bros. was the reason to purchase the N64, GC, Wii; well, Pokemon was one of the few reasons to buy any gameboy.

And no, you are wrong. Comparing sales from series across handhelds to consoles isn't a "mute point." [you probably meant moot point] Handhelds sell extremely well and represent larger market shares than consoles many times. The NES sold about 62 million units. The gameboy/gameboy color sold 119 million units. Don't be stupid and disregard them just because you don't like handhelds. (I got the sales stats from wiki :{ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_line http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_System } )

Comment

double post

Comment

It doesn't take a genius to see that the nes was the better system and the gameboy sold more because it was easy to play anywhere and had a longer life span. I wonder how many units were replaced due to damaged/stolen/lost.

You can take your game sale stats and shove them because that is all they are is bull****. Don't be a an idiot and act like the gameboy/color didn't have like a 12 year span compared to 5. The NES had 4 successors and more competition and still outsold the nintendo gameboy series during these 12 years. You try to act like these sales statistics mean everything but they don't. You are leaving out so many factors in not only your console statement but also in your "more popular game" opinion.

According to you the most popular game of all time would be Wii sports and that just makes you look retarded. Good luck finding wii sports or pokemon in more top 10 video game lists of all time than Super Smash bros. Which isn't entirely fair because most the people who play pokemon aren't or weren't old enough to make a top 10 video game list that would make it to the internet or into a magazine.

I had to actually search for pokemon because I got tired of flipping though pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X