Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did they go with made up rank insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did they go with made up rank insignia?

I am a self confessed rank whore and like stats and all but not when they use made up rank insignia. I think CoD started this. I liked the ranks from BF2, which were based from real life ranks, Marines I believe. They did skip the warrant officer ranks though. Did they think this would make the game last more?

Re: Why did they go with made up rank insignia?

I guess they want to keep the players in the game more, that's why for every rank, there's sub-ranks.

Levelling is just so painful, it takes me a week (1 hr a day) to climb a rank.

Comment

Yeah, WTF is up with the strange ranks? Maybe in other militaries these exist in some form but, they did skip the Warrant Officer then did the triple lieutenant thing. I'm still chapped about how little it takes to get all the way through the ranks.

Comment

Well look at it this way if they gave real ranks would you really want to see a banner flash on screen saying...

Congratulations you've received the "I bet your @ss is numb!" rank medal.

Or

"Your family reported you missing." rank medal.

Or

"Have you seen the Sun Lately?" rank medal.
        "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE
          Well look at it this way if they gave real ranks would you really want to see a banner flash on screen saying...

Congratulations you've received the "I bet your @ss is numb!" rank medal.

Or

"Your family reported you missing." rank medal.

Or

"Have you seen the Sun Lately?" rank medal.
          That doesn't even make sense. You can say the same about the ranks now, which have more ranks than if they used real world ranks.

Comment

Because they are bell ends

/thread

Comment

Working...
            X