Map Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Editor

Will there be a map editor like BF2's? I hope so, I love making maps!!

Re: Map Editor

I dont think there will ever be a map editor for this game. Ever. The reason i think this is, once EA would release a map editor, people would start making some VERY good maps, and that would cut into EA's profit margin with DLC. It's a shame because i love making maps too.

Comment

I can only see mod tools/map editors coming out once all their DLC has been offered to the community, which would probably be a long time. Even then, probably never.

Comment

EA like their money too much and hate anything that could jeopardise that, don't get your hopes up i'm afraid

Comment

No, its one of the items they mentioned before release as not being available.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Noobstav
            I dont think there will ever be a map editor for this game. Ever. The reason i think this is, once EA would release a map editor, people would start making some VERY good maps, and that would cut into EA's profit margin with DLC. It's a shame because i love making maps too.
            Took them a year to do it for BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Noobstav
              Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
              I can only see mod tools/map editors coming out once all their DLC has been offered to the community, which would probably be a long time. Even then, probably never.
              People that don't actually read press releases and go on gamer hate are woefully uninformed. Dice has repeatedly said it's paid DLC would be things like the skin packs, and was trying to avoid releasing paid map packs since thats tends to break up the community. Maps would be free, and if they sick to that, then releasing a map editor makes even more sense, more free maps means more players over all, which means more people to sell largely superfluous DLC. Everyone would be happy, while I'm not saying you shouldn't have a bit of skepticism, however if your opinion isn't even based on the words of those your commenting about, it's largely invalid.

Though also anyone thats read dice's statements knows that they stated that they claimed it was a bit more difficult to release the editor for PC, since the engine just fully came to the PC with Bad company 2, and while they made it clear it wasn't happening right away, they said they didn't want to rule it out for the future, which most likely means Battlefield 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sithdemon
                People that don't actually read press releases and go on gamer hate are woefully uninformed. Dice has repeatedly said it's paid DLC would be things like the skin packs, and was trying to avoid releasing paid map packs since thats tends to break up the community. Maps would be free, and if they sick to that, then releasing a map editor makes even more sense, more free maps means more players over all, which means more people to sell largely superfluous DLC. Everyone would be happy, while I'm not saying you shouldn't have a bit of skepticism, however if your opinion isn't even based on the words of those your commenting about, it's largely invalid.

Though also anyone thats read dice's statements knows that they stated that they claimed it was a bit more difficult to release the editor for PC, since the engine just fully came to the PC with Bad company 2, and while they made it clear it wasn't happening right away, they said they didn't want to rule it out for the future, which most likely means Battlefield 3.
                This.

Comment

well yes i agree with you but it doesnt seem there will actually be a bf3 like were all expecting to,

Comment

By DLC I mean all the maps they are going to make (well all the modes they are unlocking for each map), since if they gave it to us now, we could just get Port Valdez Conquest now for example, instead of it being actually released as a "map pack".

Comment

I think Dice might be scared of what the community could actually do. I bet people could make BF2 size maps and then too many people might not get BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowX8001
                        I think Dice might be scared of what the community could actually do. I bet people could make BF2 size maps and then too many people might not get BF3.
                        All they got to do is mention jets and higher player counts and bc2 will probably be 50% emptier by Bf3 release date

Comment

I thought the problem was the fact that the level editor itself was so clucky, or rather the fact that with destructible buildings you cant create levels like you would in the past. BC2 reuse a lot of buildings between levels. The town in White Pass only has 3 building types. Other stuff is passed around too like the building under-construction. Almost every map has one.

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt. How time consuming would it be for them to release a workable level editor? Personally, I would rather they work on BF3, and get that done sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight
                            EA like their money too much and hate anything that could jeopardise that, don't get your hopes up i'm afraid

The reason this game didn't have a map editor is because they pushed this game out as quick as possible and don't expect people to be playing it for 5 years. It's meant to be just like what most console games are meant to be (a short lived game).

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                              The reason this game didn't have a map editor is because they pushed this game out as quick as possible and don't expect people to be playing it for 5 years. It's meant to be just like what most console games are meant to be (a short lived game).
                              Not the fact that they dont want people messing about with the Frostbyte engine?

Comment

Working...
                              X