Teamswitched :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamswitched :(

Today I was playing rush, planted the charge on the MCOM as the attacking team, died, and got teamswitched. When I respawned on defenders, the MCOM exploded and I got minus points. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Re: Teamswitched

That's karma.

Comment

Well at least Autobalance is working...err...Sorta

Comment

Remind me of BF2, I dropped my payload in SU-34 but got killed and immediatly got teamswitched, needless to say I was kicked for TK after that. But no it never happened once in BC2, not even the teamswitch.

Comment

I was actually going to post a rant about something similar. Me and a few friends were playing on a server when for no reason each of us died (at different times). It just said "[name] died" or something. we were in no position to even be taking fire from anything. I thought it strange so I started checking out BC2 server admin programs and sure enough, I find at least one that allows an admin to just kill a player from the admin console. wtf, didn't we have to deal with this crap in BF2 when CC came out, then they later removed that function. Now programmers are adding that crap back in for admins to abuse.

On another occasion, teams got unbalanced and I saw a message saying I would be teamswitched in 1 minute. Sure enough after 1 minute I am console killed and forced teamswitched. I can understand forcing a player to swap teams on the next death, but having the ability to console kill a player just leads to admin abuse.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Oh my god this is the firs time i have heard about the ability to console kill a player, i play this on ps3 so i'm guessing they don't have the ability for that? Still though i would love to know who the hell thought putting that in was a 'clever' thing to do.

Comment

At least when you kill someone with godmode you don't actually get a death.

Comment

I was playing a Conquest match on Panama Canal. I had not long started playing when a message came up on the middle of my screen saying something like "McStevie switch teams or kick". I frantically looked around the menus available to you when you are alive to find a 'switch teams' or 'suicide' button but I don't think there is an option until you are killed.

I died a couple of minutes later and was switched but I think it a bit much to be asked the impossible by an admin.

Comment

Working...
                X