What the hell happened :s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell happened :s

Ok well recently i took the dive from XP to Windows 7 and so havent played in a while, possibly 2 or 3 weeks. Anyway i just updated my GFX drivers and installed the game and finally got in after it took an age to install? Anyway here are the problems i am now encountering, biggest problems have an * with the number:

1. The servers i add to favorites are mostly grayed out as usual.
    2* None of the servers in the browser show any form of a ping, i just get the dashed line whereas before the patch/install of the new OS i was getting steady pings.
    3* All my settings are the same other than the fact im now running DX10 and when i join a server the rubberbanding and warping is insane! I couldnt get a shot off earlier because of it and didnt stay in the server longer than 30 seconds. Surely this is server side rather than my machine? I have no idea what the ping of the server was due to problem number 2.

Im only running with 2Gb of RAM right now but getting 2 more tomorrow so i will see if that helps the performance, but from my experience what i was getting was server related lag, not due to my machine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: What the hell happened :s

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    2* None of the servers in the browser show any form of a ping, i just get the dashed line whereas before the patch/install of the new OS i was getting steady pings.
    You may need to run it as admin to see ping.

Comment

But even just in the browser? I know to see correct ping ingame you should run with administrator but im talking about in the browser here

Comment

But even just in the browser? I know to see correct ping ingame you should run with administrator but im talking about in the browser here
        Perhaps my brain hasnt kicked in yet but that made no sense..

As for the settings you wont be able to run DX10/11 to the same performance as DX9 unless you have deep pockets, try lowering your settings.

Comment

Sorry, what i meant is that when in the server browser no pings are displayed. Also with the settings i think the warping and lag is due to something server side as my machine is plenty capable of playing at a high end. However i cant figure out if it is server side or not because i cant figure out what my ping is :/

Comment

Yes, but the server browser is a part of the game too. DICEĀ“s programming skills have not caugth up with the more complex security models of the modern operating systems. Just try it out, you can always turn it off again.

Comment

I had the same problem... when I re-installed the game everything started running smoothly.

Comment

1. The servers i add to favorites are mostly grayed out as usual.
                Clear your Browser filters, they apply to favourites as well.

Run in administrator mode, I have UAC turned off and am an Administrator but still get it occasionally. If that fails try with your firewall off.

3* All my settings are the same other than the fact im now running DX10 and when i join a server the rubberbanding and warping is insane! I couldnt get a shot off earlier because of it and didnt stay in the server longer than 30 seconds. Surely this is server side rather than my machine? I have no idea what the ping of the server was due to problem number 2.
                I have noticed this also post-patch but all you can do is try opening the ports in your router (don't know what they are off my head) or try with your IP in the DMZ. If that fails make sure no torrent programs are running from start up or virus/defrags etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  Perhaps my brain hasnt kicked in yet but that made no sense..

As for the settings you wont be able to run DX10/11 to the same performance as DX9 unless you have deep pockets, try lowering your settings.
                  I get generally better performance in DX10 then DX9 unless a building blows up but that is the soft particles.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwinters
                    I get generally better performance in DX10 then DX9 unless a building blows up but that is the soft particles.
                    That really depends on the card, some cope better than others, down to drivers and such.

Comment

Working...
                    X