X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungie and Activision

Source

Microsoft, Sony React To Bungie Deal
    Sony says this is a 'big win' for gamers worldwide.
    by Jim Reilly

US, April 29, 2010 - For nearly a decade, Bungie has only been able to publish titles exclusively on Microsoft's Xbox 360 console. But today's 10-year publishing agreement between the Halo developer and mega-publisher Activision changes everything.

Bungie signing with Activision has clearly excited Sony, which has been salivating for years at the thought of having a Bungie-developed title on its Playstation 3 platform.

"The partnership between Bungie and Activision is a big win for gamers worldwide," a Sony spokesperson told IGN. "Combining Bungie's creativity with the incredible power of PlayStation 3 will add serious muscle to action gaming. We look forward to extending Bungie's 'next big action game universe' with PS3 users."

Meanwhile, Microsoft said that Bungie signing a long-term deal with Activision has no effect on its current relationship with the Kirkland-based studio as it prepares to launch Halo: Reach this fall.

"Our partnership with Bungie as a first-party developer for Xbox 360 remains unchanged, and right now we're deeply engaged with them on the development of Halo: Reach, which is poised to be the biggest game of 2010," a company spokesperson said in a statement given to IGN.

Nintendo has not issued a comment on this deal.

Bungie said in an interview with IGN earlier today any news of the studio's new project won't be revealed until at least 2011.

Re: Bungie and Activision

Good news for us PS3 owners for sure, although I'm not a massive fan of the Halo franchise anyway and "how it feels" for a lack of a better description. I guess it's kind of foolish to totally ignore the PS3 these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      Good news for us PS3 owners for sure, although I'm not a massive fan of the Halo franchise anyway and "how it feels" for a lack of a better description. I guess it's kind of foolish to totally ignore the PS3 these days.
      Yeh given the PS3 is a more powerful console it has the chance to actually get more from Halo so who knows what the next one will be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
        Yeh given the PS3 is a more powerful console it has the chance to actually get more from Halo so who knows what the next one will be like.
        The halo name however is owned by Microsoft so the studio cannot make a cross platform halo.

Comment

Working...
        X