Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DICE is on top of its game!...sorta

DICE is def. on top of its game...sorta

Guys, i looked at the recent R7 update thing, it was not until i got the new steam version (which caused probs at first that led to me uninstalling all of steam and reinstalling all games..not happy about that. but fine now) and i must say the updates that DICE is doing is phenonmenal, i remember 2142 the latter patches got like half of this only and that game is still bug mania..look at this if you haven't.

Updates to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Client R7 changelist.
    MP - New Server browser
    MP - Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.
    MP - Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game
    MP - Hang fix when trying to connect to a full server multiple times
    MP - Deletion of soldiers now possible through the account pages in game
    MP - Removed screen flash during loading
    MP - Added support for colour blind players
    MP - Fixed crashes relating to faulty server banners
    MP - Servers closing during connection no longer cause the client to hang
    MP - Auto team swap reflects correctly in the scoreboard
    MP - Fixed scoreboards when switching teams before spawning
    MP - Rush scoreboards fixed
    MP - Veteran ranks no longer display as "12"
    MP - Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
    MP - Logout/Login button correctly reflects the player status
    MP - Added minimum number of players needed to start a round (you can still start playing and take objectives but you won't get any score until 4 or more players join the server)
    MP - Isla Inocentes welcome message on the loading screen now fits the text box area
    MP - Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
    MP - Medic gadgets now display correctly if the defib is not unlocked
    MP - Server filter options are remembered
    MP - Punkbuster filter now works as intended
    MP - Scroll bar no longer overlays the Join Server button in the friends list panel
    MP - CANCEL server refresh is implemented
    MP - Zooming in on a friendly using the SAIGA no longer causes the crosshair to disappear
    MP - The chat no longer displays the incorrect player name when appearing
    MP - FoV switches to the default value of 55 when entering vehicles to prevent graphical glitches caused by wider FoV settings. The custom FoV returns when exiting vehicles.
    MP - FoV no longer causes the UAV station to rotate
    MP - Fix to correctly display the unlock progression at the end of round
    MP - Chat functionality will no longer freeze after writing a partial message at the end of round
    MP - One account can no longer connect to the same server multiple times
    MP - Squad Death Match is correctly named during loading
    MP - Server browser no longer gets a bad FPS when filtering Conquest
    MP - Server info banners correctly clear between displays
    MP - Setting display settings which the system hardware can not handle no longer makes the game unusable
    MP - Correct camera collision for vehicles' heavy machine gun
    MP - Game no longer crashes if the player sends a message in the loading screen
    MP - Trying to join a full server no longer causes the game to hang on Please Wait message
    MP - Most server filter options are remembered it doesn't remember the setting in dropdowns
    MP - Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
    MP - Window on static guns is now transparent on DirectX 9 systems
    SP - Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)
    SP - Fixed a crash after the "Upriver" mission end cinematic
    SP - Supply create at "Resupply at Flynns create" objective now supplies weapon ammo
    SP - Hang fix when reaching the objective "Destroy Enemy Zu23"
    SP - Fixed hang after "Storm Cockpit" objective
    SP - Changed melee attack raycast to be detailed
    SP - Game no longer crashes when transitioning between SP_03B to SP_04A when installed in Polish
    SP - Game no longer crashes when killed by the first two enemies in the trenches on SP_01 when installed in Italian
    SP - Updating to R7 will invalidate your single player save game. If you update you will need to play your last mission from the start. If you do not update you will not be able to play multiplayer.
    Is it just me or is someone as excited, now on to the "...sorta" part, i know they had issues after the patch but c'mon they're going to fix it again soon.

Re: DICE is on top of its game!...sorta

A lot of people are upset with this patch because of the gun tweaks. I think the patch was a good patch, they just need to do some more work on weapon balance.

Comment

This has been a very fun game for me. I've enjoyed playing it and the weapons and graphics and audio has all been really good. Overall the game has been a lot of fun. That being said, this has been one of the most buggy games I have ever owned. I am 100% sure on that. This game is #1 on bugs for me. Fortunatly none were able to prevent me from playing the game.

Yes, DICE is fixing them and thats all fine and good, but until this last patch, this game was still a beta game. I know its not easy making a game and I am sure it is very hard. Its very easy to critisize when you make nothing for people to buy, but as an IT professional I know when something is broke or not right and needs to be fixed and I dont let it out until it is. The beta made a long list of fixes, but the release date stayed the course. I know if a company holds on to a game until it is perfect, then it will probably never be released, but having core items like the browser, friends lists, server infrastructure are all rather large issues.

DICE did a great job and I am looking forward to new maps and the final patches and all that, but they released a beta for sure.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have not noted too many BUGS - just DUMB stuff
        and yes - it might be 'hard' to make a game
        but it is CLEAR to me - that they have MORONS for game testers
        (or even worse - NEVER play their own game)
        eg
        UAV placement - operator gets killed from almost anywhere in most maps
        single lane exits from MAIN bases - where you get "BASE exit raped"
        etc

Comment

The reason there are so many fixes is because they clearly highered brain dead QA.

Comment

for me the game has been pretty stable and bug free

It just pisses me off when they go and screw stuff up with rubbish balance changes

Comment

Working...
            X