Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dr Pepper" DLC? Not for PC and PS3 it's not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dr Pepper" DLC? Not for PC and PS3 it's not.

The Dr Pepper promotion won’t be unlocking content in PC or PS3. The PC version of BFBC2 isn’t set up for using Dr Pepper codes and Sony unfortunately withdrew from the offer.
    The SPECACT content is still going to be available on PS3 and PC in the near future through the in game store on PS3 and through EA Store for PC (you will NOT need EA Download Manager to get the SPECACT kits and it will work with the STEAM version of the game).
    Source

So now the question is: Why did they not let us know months ago when the promotion started? Nowhere on the labels, or anywhere official, does it say, "Screw PC gamers." I looked.

Re: "Dr Pepper" DLC? Not for PC and PS3 it's not.

Start a lawsuit.

Comment

Too bad, since you can cheat with those codes so you don't have to pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
        Too bad, since you can cheat with those codes so you don't have to pay them.
        What do you mean "cheat with those codes?"

Comment

Well, I mean you just had to find them on the net and enter some infos and do some things in the url. but it seems it don't work for europeans.

Comment

Sucks, but I'm glad we at least ended up getting DLC after all.

Comment

What is it priced at anyway? $5 or something?

Comment

Yeah.

There may be some other giveaway down the road.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                  Start a lawsuit.
                  for what? I am sure that somewhere in the legal mumbo jumbo there is a clause that says they can change the offer at anytime. Why does everyone want to sue for stupid crap? Seems like you could be doing something more productive. They even said that it will be offered at a later date so not sure you could even come up with grounds for a lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                    So now the question is: Why did they not let us know months ago when the promotion started? Nowhere on the labels, or anywhere official, does it say, "Screw PC gamers." I looked.
                    Preorder codes: Not a problem
                    Dr. Pepper codes: Not Technically possible.

And even if it isn't set up for the codes they could just patch it in. They already have 7 client patches, and I am sure there are more to come.

Comment

it has been a little bit...well, just under a couple weeks.

Anyone heard any updates on this? I still have some of my codes stuck in a drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                        it has been a little bit...well, just under a couple weeks.

Anyone heard any updates on this? I still have some of my codes stuck in a drawer.
                        AFAIK they are still giving the PC and PS3 the middle finger. At least there is no update on the relevant sites.

Comment

I don't think its a matter of that they didn't say it wasn't for PC, but that they never said that it was.

It's your own issue if you assumed it was for PC, and are now disappointed because it's not.

They didn't cheat you out of anything, you never had it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                            no M****R F*****G DR PEPPER IN MY COUNTRY. TELL ME. how am i supose to live?!?

Comment

Working...
                            X