Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the genius that thought of UAV placement in Conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the genius that thought of UAV placement in Conquest?

The ONLY map that has a semi-decent UAV control centre is Laguna Alta. I don't get what moron thought of putting the UAV control station out in the middle of wide open areas, but he needs to be flogged. You could make a case that it has to be in an open space so the heli can spawn and easily take off, but there's no reason you couldn't put the controller inside a building and just have the UAV take off from the roof instead. Given how easy it is to destroy the UAV it's obvious DICE didn't want anyone being able to spend any length of time in one, but on the off chance it does last more than 15 seconds, the operator won't. Consider:

White Pass - It's right on the other side of a half-height wall, basically in the middle of the battle. Unless your team controls all three points, you are a sitting duck.

Laguna Presa - You are an easy snipe target from the hills just outside both the US and Russian bases, so no matter which team you're on you're an easy mark.

Panama Canal - On top of the building over C, but easy enough to see and get sniped from just about anywhere else on the map that has higher ground.

Atacama Desert - Easy snipe target from either edge of A or C, so like White Pass unless your team controls all three points on the map you can count on being 50 points for the first enemy sniper that sees you.

Arica Harbour - Behind some rocks. Okay, so you're not sniper bait, but given how small the map is you can get hand naded from just about anywhere.

I still think the best idea would have been to place the controllers inside a building and have the heli take off from the roof. I guess that would make it too easy to completely remove the UAV from existence by collapsing the building and destroying the console, but it can't be any worse than the death trap it is right now.

Thoughts?

Re: Who was the genius that thought of UAV placement in Conquest?

Agreed, it is pretty stupid, when I see a UAV in conquest my immediate reaction is "ooh free knife kill".

Comment

They should have given both teams UAV's, would have been cool, UAV vs UAV

Comment

Dog fights with V ALT W

Comment

In Conquest that's not a bad idea, though. They could be in the uncaps away from the fray, and it's not like half the team is going to camp the UAV station given how easy it is to take down, but at least they would be useful and not 'here I am come get 50 points every1!!'

Comment

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/sh...nquest-suicide

Yes, there's almost no use except quicly fire a missile at someone then gtfo. I destroyed some IFV that way even though they were 10 metres close to me capping the flag.

Comment

Not worth using on Conquest IMO. Maybe a few kills, then get off of the terminal because all it takes is for one guy deciding he will hunt you down for killing him, and he knows where you are at.

Comment

Oops, sorry, didn't realise someone had already addressed this gripe. Guess I shoulda checked the second page.

Comment

I think UAV placements should only belong to bases or safe spawns, but again, which one?

Two UAVs duke it out in the air? LOL. Dogfight on an RC scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                    I think UAV placements should only belong to bases or safe spawns, but again, which one?

Two UAVs duke it out in the air? LOL. Dogfight on an RC scale.
                    It's easier to shoot the other guy on the ground looking at the remote, than shooting down his RC roflcopter.

Comment

if i see a uav i shoot it for +100. But yeah it's a death trap in conquest unless you got a buddy to guard you. I have found that you dont have to face the terminal directly to fly the uav so if i do use i try to put the console between me and the possible snipers.

Comment

A: someone @ dice?

Comment

Yeah, UAVs are death traps. Worst of all is they don't even scan the area for the team. And I'll try spotting enemies and it will work about 10% of the time. So they're really just vehicle killers, and not very effective at that since it takes too long to load rockets. I'll only use one if our team is dominating and we have them pinned at their uncap.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor127
                            Yeah, UAVs are death traps. Worst of all is they don't even scan the area for the team. And I'll try spotting enemies and it will work about 10% of the time. So they're really just vehicle killers, and not very effective at that since it takes too long to load rockets. I'll only use one if our team is dominating and we have them pinned at their uncap.

try using the first vehicle upgrade which adds the UAV sensor to vehicles. Fly over the enemies and watch the orange triangles appear on the map. It's awesome. Makes it much easier for your team to advance on rush. You wont get any spot assists but your team will be thanking you.

Another good one to use is the optics upgrade. You can zoom in to see across most of the map. This will make manual spotting 10X easier and you can keep the UAV at a safe distance while still being useful.

Comment

in rush they are very OP'd because you can stay far back with voptics which means you can just missile away whole rounds.
                              on conquest, they're only good for getting in, firing a quick missile and leaving.

Comment

Working...
                              X