Adding Magnum to sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Magnum to sniper rifles

Anyone happen to know that if i add Magnum to sniper rifles..say M24 (the first one) or M95 (the last one) that then it would be a one shot kill?

Re: Adding Magnum to sniper rifles

Nope, from my understanding, magnum ammo only adds stopping power. I could be wrong.

So let's say if I have magnum ammo equipped with my AK47U, there's more chances of me hitting their sweet spot (right arm) and throw their aims off.

I'm really not sure of this, this is based on my observations (which i admit are limited).

Every time I go one on one with someone equipped with magnum ammo, my aims are easily thrown off when i m taking hits.

This never happens when I face someone who use default slugs.

Comment

M95 + magnum was a 1 shot kill under 50m before the last patch, not sure about now though. (see the M95 + red dot thread).
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

From what I understand (and I'm probably wrong), the Magnum ammo doesn't makes your bullets do more damage. The bullets do the same amount of damage over a longer range because theoretically the bullet in the game starts to slow down over range and therefor does less damage to targets further away. You can 1 shot someone I think up to 65-70yards away with the Magnum ammo instead of only 45-50 yards (I don't know the real ranges for 1 shot kills up close, I'm just guessing).

Comment

Both these charts are obsolete after R10, but according to them Magnum adds 25% damage. That makes a lot of sense since Body armour adds 25% hitpoints. AFAIK they haven't messed around with this.

Link to old charts:

Comment

Adding Magnum Rounds to any of the Bolt Rifle Snipers increases to OSOK range of shots not to the head. And now since they all do the same damage, they all have the same ranges.

Comment

Working...
            X