Human meatshield, move please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human meatshield, move please!

I'm sure some of our deaths in this game are indirectly caused by our own teammates who block our path when we run from a M2, 40mm, grenade or tank.

In narrow passages, there could be 3 or 4 squadmates blocking your escape from an incoming AT4 or other projectile.

I know this sounds unrealistic, but sometime I wish just to run through my teammate.

I can't remember which game had this, but it reduced deaths caused by teammates who use you as a meatshield.

What do you think?

Re: Human meatshield, move please!

It certainly is annoying, but I dont want the ghost-friends either, not in Battlefield. It would push it even more in the arcade direction.

ETA: It is even more annoying when they jump in front of an enemy you are engaging, getting both of you killed

Comment

I do notice this far more than in BF2/BF2142, presumably because you cannot push your teammates. Here they are essentially geometry so it's up to them to move out of your way. I also never remember getting trapped in a doorway by other soldiers in the other games. Very annoying when I'm fleeing from something only to get pwned because I get stuck on a teammate (or a tree, or stair railing, or box, or roadsign, or fallen tree).

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
        I do notice this far more than in BF2/BF2142, presumably because you cannot push your teammates. Here they are essentially geometry so it's up to them to move out of your way. I also never remember getting trapped in a doorway by other soldiers in the other games. Very annoying when I'm fleeing from something only to get pwned because I get stuck on a teammate (or a tree, or stair railing, or box, or roadsign, or fallen tree).
        QFT.

I've occasionally gotten trapped by some noob who insists on standing right in front of me when I'm in a corner or something. It was never an issue in BF2142...

Comment

I admit that I do sometimes mow them down... better them then me, at least one of us will live during the tank rounds I always say.

Comment

thats why i like explosives! just make your own door Also it's best just to stay away from clusters of people. Good way to give someone a triple kill or better.

Comment

I watch now before jumping by a window since I got stuck a lot of time.

As for with the others players it happened only two times that some guys jumped in front of me when I was firing with my CG, both happened on the house near the B point of White Pass.

Comment

I think we should be able to do a diving leap and take the team mate with us to the ground. It would only work when close enough to a teammate, otherwise you get a new cool dolphin diving prone. Or maybe when you knife your friend instead of a knife coming out, you give him a shove backwards for him to get the hint and you to get out of the way.

Unfortunatly, I can see both these being abused a lot.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I want something like Duke Nukem 3D, ctrl left/right = left/right kick. Then I would sprint, jump and activate both ctrl and throw my annoying teammate through the wall

Comment

On occasion I had to bump other vehicles out of the way because some Einstien had parked in the middle of the road. I don't see why they cant let basic physics work with the soldiers too.

Comment

I agree that noobs are annoying when blocking you, I had one in my squad last night spawn on me and then stood right in front of me as I was in Defense mode, my M60 was aimed right at his backside, if I wouldn't have been deducted points for TK I would have simply shot him. What a choob!

Comment

A lot of these problems could simply be solved by making some of the objects in the game a little wider. Door frames are far too narrow, as are the stairwells which only seem to allow size zero models up and down.

Comment

I have more problems with vehicles blocking me than people. You are usually able to jump around except when in an attic or something.

Comment

Typical situation,

I am already engaging any enemy in a intense firefight, then some idiot jump in front of me start spraying his LMG at the enemy, now I can't aim and he doesn't know how to aim.

Both of us killed as result.

Comment

*runs up stairs* Ahh GRENADE *runs back down stairs* Get out of my way! *team mate stands on the stairs looking at me* "huhu you have a funny hat..." *BOOM*

Comment

Working...
                              X