Performance loss after patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance loss after patch.

I've been away from the BF community for about a month. Started playing again with the new patch and my game is running with way less smoother than it was when i stopped playing.

The only thing i see people disliking about the patch is all the weapon tweaking. And not so much about performance loss. So i would like to know if more players are suffering from the following problems that i didn't have Pre patching.

1. My trigger gets stuck: At times i cannot sprint or shoot. I start jumping and pressing random keys to get unstuck and then all of a sudden my soldier just starts shooting non stop like i am hitting the fire button in rapid fire, even though i am not trying to fire.

2. Servers are laggy and at times i get warping. I use to have this problem with the Beta and after release for about 3 weeks, then with the R7 server patch, it just went away. I see players asking if anyone else is lagging. Several players say yes, others say no. I recently re-installed my Antivirus, maybe there is a setting i need to change? I am running Bitdefender.

3. Q key works less than before. I try to spot and i find it to be working even less than it use to. Same goes for giving orders. Before i could give orders all round with no problem, next round Q would refuse to work for orders but it would start working again mid round. Now i can go about 4 rounds in a row without being able to i've orders

4. Small flickering when zooming in with my Riffle. It's small but noticeable. I have not updated my drivers after patching.

5. Loading time are still long. The patch notes says they added a delay so ATI users aren't the last to load the map, but i am still one of the last players to be able to spawn. Everyone is already on the 2nd flag by the time the game allows me to join the game.

Those are the most noticeable. Any known fixes would be appreciated.

EDIT
    Oops, should of put this in the support forum. Feel free to move it, mods.

Re: Performance loss after patch.

For the wraping issue,

If you've changed your gamesettings.ini file with the latency fix or hitreg fix, remove all the lines of the original latency adjustments.

Do the same for settings.ini

That should solve the wraping.

==================================

Other than that, except the knife, everything seems to be fine for me. I got ATI XFX 5850. AMD 965 @ stock. 4GB DDR3

Comment

Only thing i have ever manually changed is my FOV.

Comment

Okay, if your game is from STEAM.

Go to settings -> internet connections

SET it to Fibre >10 MB. SAVE

=================================

What are your computer hardwares?

Comment

Turn off your antivirus and see what happens.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

And you mention you didn't update your drivers. The real fix to the long map loads (for ATI users at least) is the new drivers. The delay is just to let people that don't have issues get in at the same time. That 15 seconds will have long expired if you are suffering from slow map loads.

You mention ATI so I'm guessing thats what you are using. If you have an nvidia card you'll have to use DX10 to get by the map times until they release a driver.

Comment

Performance loss, hmm, I keep freezing up at load in or crash in the middle of game now. Patch SUX!

Comment

The lesson I learned with computers, if nothing is wrong with it. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. Because if it went wrong after the change, not only will you regret it, you will also spend more time trying to fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  Turn off your antivirus and see what happens.

Crunch
                  Turned it off including firewall and i had no more issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                    Turned it off including firewall and i had no more issues.
                    Someone else posted about the antivirus and adding the bc2 folder as an exception to scanning. It seems as you change your kits and other things the AV will scan because the files are changing. I need to find who first said this and give them some rep.

Glad that worked.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      Someone else posted about the antivirus and adding the bc2 folder as an exception to scanning. It seems as you change your kits and other things the AV will scan because the files are changing. I need to find who first said this and give them some rep.

Glad that worked.

Crunch
                      Expletive Deleted is the one that told me about it. It worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                        Expletive Deleted is the one that told me about it. It worked like a charm.
                        Squa

Comment

Working...
                        X