What happen to these guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happen to these guys?

How come they didn't look older like this? This picture was actually released by valve themselves. I like how they have changed appearances in this photo. It actually shows that they have gone through a hell of a time.

Re: What happen to these guys?

Those were the first prototype players.

Valve changed them up because they felt the gamers wouldnt relate to them. Francis and Zoe were married in that pic and rumored to be in a bad marriage until the zombie hord came about. They also felt that Bill was too "street" looking, and so cleaned him up and made to look GQ.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      Those were the first prototype players.

Valve changed them up because they felt the gamers wouldnt relate to them. Francis and Zoe were married in that pic and rumored to be in a bad marriage until the zombie hord came about. They also felt that Bill was too "street" looking, and so cleaned him up and made to look GQ.

Crunch
      I didn't catch your sarcasm... Are you joking? >.<

Comment

I actually think the originals were better, less cartoony. But maybe thats not what they were going for, which may have been better as it would make it seem that they dont take themselves too seriously, which is good.

Comment

That picture strikes me as people who have lived in a zombie world.

It would be fitting to have them look that way if the timeline of l4d2 was far enough off the first one, but it wasn't.

Aside from the mutations im actually kinda disappointed in the DLC. Meeting the old survivors... was not what I was hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
            Aside from the mutations im actually kinda disappointed in the DLC. Meeting the old survivors... was not what I was hoping for.
            They could have done a better job with it... but the map is still pretty fun, and realism versus is what versus should have been like in the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
              I didn't catch your sarcasm... Are you joking? >.<
              :laugh: No, srsly, thats who they are and why Valve changed them

And I said the wrong name, its not BILL to look GQ but LOUIS. That may have been what thrown you off

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

the prototype Louis always reminded me of Mohinder Suresh from Heroes.

Comment

My view is that Valve wanted a big zombie shooter. They didn't develop a story, it's a pick-up and play, there's no talking between characters and you don't get attached to them.

It's a e-sporter's dream game.

Comment

on the contrary, they did kinda develop a story and the characters do talk etc

just look how comprehensive L4D can be:
                    Left 4 Dead Wiki is a comprehensive database for the Left 4 Dead video game series. The wiki is dedicated to collecting all information related to the franchise, such as Survivors, Infected, campaigns, weapons, walkthroughs and more!

Comment

I've read this thread like 3 times and never commented so I'm going to be a necro and post.

I prefer the final models, much more human and relate-able not to mention that it adds some of that all important valve humour into the title that would otherwise be quite lacking, i'm also not so sure I'd buy into all the dialogue that takes place throughout the campaigns if they were like this. I don't know why.

Comment

Working...
                      X