so, I just presumed that the server browser was lagging
    then one time my son tried to join my game via friend
    and he got server full box
    we had 6 empty slots - but we were at end of round
    (ie changing maps)
    so I told him to try again as soon as new game was up
    and he got in :salute:

Re: server full - well not really - FYI

from time to time you will see servers that look like they have empty spots but give the server full message. Well one reason for that is the server has reserved slots that to me seems that it doesn't allow anyone join on those slots except the person its held for. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought in BF2 it allowed people to join on those slots yet kicks them when when the reserved slot people join in. Which I would believe would be pretty nice if they did that in BC2. Hoped this helped

Comment

OLD BF2 - reserved - nope - cannot join then get kicked
      new bf2 - U see few servers with a number like this (4)
      means 4 reserved slots - IMHO

Comment

The reserved slots issue is retarded, we tried it on our server but it was buggy as hell and often kicked people who had reserved slots when random people joined!

And to clear it up in bf2, for example, if a server had 4 reserved slots, the server could still fill up to max, but when a reserved player join, one got randomly kicked (non reserved).

In BC2, they seem to have taken yet another backstep, since it basically takes back to max players you can have in a server 24(4), means only 20 slots are open to the public, the other 4 cannot be used by the public.

Sucks imo.

Comment

It is bloody stupid. It is almost guaranteed that servers with even numbers like 30/32 or 28/32 will be full due to reserved slots.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
            The reserved slots issue is retarded, we tried it on our server but it was buggy as hell and often kicked people who had reserved slots when random people joined!

And to clear it up in bf2, for example, if a server had 4 reserved slots, the server could still fill up to max, but when a reserved player join, one got randomly kicked (non reserved).

In BC2, they seem to have taken yet another backstep, since it basically takes back to max players you can have in a server 24(4), means only 20 slots are open to the public, the other 4 cannot be used by the public.

Sucks imo.
            they musty have made a change
            or it was a server option?
            I ran 2 clans and admin in many servers
            and it was the other way - slots stayed open except for clan members
            no big deal - many many servers to get into in BC2

Comment

my question is... how do they go backwards in things like server browser, server functionality (like autobalance) from BF2/2142? if anything one would expect them to improve on it. the browser and autobalance did improve a lot with the latest patch, but before that, it was pretty much a big failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                my question is... how do they go backwards in things like server browser, server functionality (like autobalance) from BF2/2142? if anything one would expect them to improve on it. the browser and autobalance did improve a lot with the latest patch, but before that, it was pretty much a big failure.
                Cos it's a port with ****ty make up....

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty

Sucks imo.
                  i stopped playing bf2 a long time ago, so do you have any idea when they changed it? when i last played, it still had that ridiculous reserved slot process that would just keep players from joining, just like your example. if bf2142 it was done the proper way from day 1.

Comment

Working...
                  X