Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer pre-patch or post-patch gameplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer pre-patch or post-patch gameplay?

Well the recent patch DICE released for Bad Company 2 has caused some debate. So here's a thread where we can discuss all the recent changes and if we like them or not.

For me, the biggest problem is the tracer dart. Now before the patch I would use it a lot but now it's just a joke since it hits the target nearly instantly. I used to have to time my shots perfectly to hit the armor on Arica Harbor so I could RPG them from behind cover, but now I just point and click with a little lead.

Lets discuss all the changes.

Re: Do you prefer pre-patch or post-patch gameplay?

Originally posted by -Shifty-
    Well the recent patch DICE released for Bad Company 2 has caused some debate. So here's a thread where we can discuss all the recent changes and if we like them or not.

For me, the biggest problem is the tracer dart. Now before the patch I would use it a lot but now it's just a joke since it hits the target nearly instantly. I used to have to time my shots perfectly to hit the armor on Arica Harbor so I could RPG them from behind cover, but now I just point and click with a little lead.

Lets discuss all the changes.

And the probleme is ?? you liked it better when it was harder to shoot is that it ??

I have a probleme with knifing... i get behind an enemy and try to stab him and... not possible at all... he was a sniper and he didnt notice the first time i tried so a tried again and nothing... just blood splashing around. He turned around and killed me with is knife lol

Comment

Although the patch was terrible, gameplay wise im not that bothered, although it's made my M95 red dot combo retarded.

Comment

Not bothered either, it's not like the changes are gamebreaking. I'm still waiting for a "real" patch though (and new maps plox).

Comment

The weapon balance hasn't bothered me a whole lot. Tracers have ruined choppers, but we've already discussed that. The degraded performance for me introduced at the time of the patch is what has me :cry:

Comment

With all the items that fixed, it has made the overall game more enjoyable. Weapon balance can be changed again later on. I think they made some good changes overall.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Except for messing with a couple of weapons they didn't really need to touch, I like it better.

Comment

Doesn't matter to me, I suck either way xD

Comment

Little bit of both, I do think the tracer dart is a joke now - should at least have bullet drop. I don't think fixing smoke on choppers is going to help keep them in the air longer, maybe if they give them faster recharge rate.

I don't care for the shotgun distance nerf, and would rather have the M16 the way it is instead of needing to use the AN94.

Even though I did use the grenade launcher too much before the patch I can still get kills with it. The CG is still deadly despite it's "tweak", M60 feels like it should.

Comment

Hitreg is still bad, I am getting tired of getting killed by people who just swallowed a whole canister of buckshot from the 40mm.

I must say that I am starting to lose faith in DICE. 10 server patches and 7 client patches, and still hitreg is unreliable.
                    It also worries me to hear thta balancing across all the platforms is handled by one guy. Such a subjective topic needs input from several people, not just one guy who may have a few pet weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                      Hitreg is still bad, I am getting tired of getting killed by people who just swallowed a whole canister of buckshot from the 40mm.

I must say that I am starting to lose faith in DICE. 10 server patches and 7 client patches, and still hitreg is unreliable.
                      It also worries me to hear thta balancing across all the platforms is handled by one guy. Such a subjective topic needs input from several people, not just one guy who may have a few pet weapons.
                      who only plays on one platform.

Comment

i just play and adjust. Always have. I use the weapons and gadgets that i want regardless of what happens to them in the patch. Too many people rely on crutch weapons to get kills and when those get changed they cry and moan about it.

All you have to do is watch how players react to a patch. A new gun/item becomes "the best" and everyone flocks to it like lemmings. declaring their old favorite worthless.

Take the choppers for example. If you were to make an opinion from reading forum threads post patch regarding choppers you would think they are useless now. After playing a few rounds I don't really see that much difference. Good pilots and gunners can still own the map. As usual teamwork prevails.

Comment

50/50 some of the changes were good and it was looking like a good patch

but then they turn around and **** it up

the g3, m16, 40mm SGN, Dart, AA, LMG accuracy on scope etc

so many tweaks that were simply so **** that I can't believe they were made, then I realise that its all handled by Demize a guy who has probably never touched the PC version and all of his changes are done looking at a spreadsheet without even trying them in game

Comment

I can barely play after the latest patch now. Everything is just laggy. Long spawn times, hitreg is worse, higher ping, just about everything. It's sad, because I was hoping this patch would help things, but for me it's only caused more problems.

Comment

I adapted. I still Gustav, M60 and 40MM the **** out of the people heh. I even made the AN94 my new toy.

Comment

Working...
                              X