• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RenderAheadLimit in "ini" file - what is it

and what are options and its effects?
    eg 0 or 1 or 2 or whatever

Re: RenderAheadLimit in "ini" file - what is it

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    RenderAheadLimit - The "RenderAheadLimit" should be a line found in your "settings.ini" file. If it is not there you can add it. The default setting is 2. What this command does is allow the CPU to render ahead so many frames from the GPU. It has been warned that setting this to 1 is not a good idea. Setting this command to 0 will disable the feature. Some have had a lot of success setting this command to 3. You will have to test it on your own PC and see how it works. What is also important is that your graphics card drivers may also have a renderahead limit. If so, you want to set it the same as the game. Some have found no difference in changing the setting.ini, but was able to fix the problem when they matched it with their video card software settings. These will be 3d settings.

Comment

Thanks
      I have 8800 OC (but running in factory OC mode)
      and an old Dual Core 3.2 with 4gb ram

I might play with it (settings) later - but hope to get a new system soon

my biggest problem in my MB - gets wacked with too many players
      (no matter what game I play)

Comment

i tried higher numbers but my PC locked up too often. i have now set it to 1 on both game ini file and nvidia control panel. i have 90% less locking up now.

Comment

so, did it make your game run better/faster???
          I had only ever had 1 game lock up so far - 16 h of game play

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            i tried higher numbers but my PC locked up too often. i have now set it to 1 on both game ini file and nvidia control panel. i have 90% less locking up now.
            I have a 8800GTS 320Mb, and I can not find the RALimit for it, can you elaborate on the location said setting?

Thanks.

Comment

it's in your settings.ini file (second to the last line) in your BFBC2 documents folder and also in the nvidia control panel, i'm guessing ati has it too. make sure they both match. nvidia default is 3 in control panel so i had to change it to match my ini file setting of 1.

Comment

Working...
              X