Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Re: The truth about BC2's ironsights (pics)

Yeah, the M416 is actually better with iron sites than with red dot or acog.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Scinto
    replied

Originally posted by Redink
    I'm sorry... er... who uses iron sites again?
    People who have seen that on certain guns a red dot is useless and an alterntive spec is a better option.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

M1 Garand, for one.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'm sorry... er... who uses iron sites again?

Leave a comment:

• Scinto
    replied

Originally posted by Sloi sauce
    Does anyone have a mirror/copy of these images? Apparently, Imageshack is no longer hosting them properly...
    I was after them also, PM'd OP but not got a reply since

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Does anyone have a mirror/copy of these images? Apparently, Imageshack is no longer hosting them properly...

Leave a comment:

• imported_TheDragon
    replied

well . . . when I play - the 'pixel' accuracy of the sites is not an issue - I never see anyone standing still long enough to be THAT accurate !

except for sniping at HUGE ranges - where I aim a little high -
    I just put the site in the middle of the head - pull the trigger - get TONS of hit regs -
    then watch the enemy turn and kill me 99% of the time :shakehead:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Oops, 1440 x 900

I had put it in an earlier post but apparently edited it out, stupid me.

Also, I play with a higher FOV, but just tested it out with FOV=55 (default) and its the same.

Leave a comment:

• jake_
    replied

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread, but at what resolution are you playing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'll say it again:
    Originally posted by R.M.S.1.3
    If anyone else wants to take a few screens of the guns that are misaligned (at their individual resolution) as well as a screenshot of the GOL magnum scope, I can check the alignment to make sure it's not resolution dependent.
    If you don't have any problems, I'd like to see a screenshot. I've shown my evidence and I'm interested in other people's evidence as well as I'd like to get to the bottom of this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Dangerdog
    replied

I don't see the M416 problem, seems fine to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Kalo
    With respect, I don't see a video with proof RMS, I was just using the M416 today and I never had any issue. It's not that I seriously doubt this (Who remembers the BF2 MG36?) but as it stands now it's any ones word against yours.

This is more of me actually wanting proof so I know to use the XM8, more than it is trying to call you out and appear like an internet badass
    I'll try to post a video example a bit later.

Edit:

Ok, it's later:

Keep in mind, this is how my game performs. At this point, I cannot be sure whether the misalignment is resolution based or an error on DICE's part...well, I guess either way it's DICE's fault, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Redwinters
    replied

This seems to be very little in the way of variation. the REX is the only one that is really terrible.

Leave a comment:

• LunaTiK TunaLiK
    replied

BF2 has always had this same problem, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this information was close to accurate.

If you want proof, try taking one of those sniper rifles where the accuracy is good, put a piece of black tape on your monitor and then go through the guns and see which ones the black piece of tape doesn't line up with. The model of the gun including the sight is just that, a model, and with battlefield games it isn't always accurately placed.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Kalo
    replied

With respect, I don't see a video with proof RMS, I was just using the M416 today and I never had any issue. It's not that I seriously doubt this (Who remembers the BF2 MG36?) but as it stands now it's any ones word against yours.

This is more of me actually wanting proof so I know to use the XM8, more than it is trying to call you out and appear like an internet badass

Leave a comment:

Working...
X