Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbareable rubberbanding and lag.

No idea what and why this is happening,

After the patch, all enemy soldiers started wearing skates! Gliding across and sliding towards me, no hit reg, just me suddenly experiencing a jolt and i get knifed or 40 mm.

I often "sink" into buildings when going up the stairs, snag on wall corners, enter the same vehicle twice ect...

Nothing has happened before the patch, so anyone else suffering from this crap?

My internet allows me to play other shooters fine.

Re: Unbareable rubberbanding and lag.

Antivirus? Overloaded servers? That's the only two things that come into my mind.

Comment

I have a bad system = everything on LOWEST - even the resolution
      my FPS is bad (40-60) if server is empty
      15-20 in game play
      less than 15 in smoke / explosion
      this is in 16-20 man servers
      slow - but no lag issues
      way worse if in 32 man server
      are you getting bad lag in just 32 man server?
      then typical MP issues

Comment

I use Avira as my anti-virus. I don't understand what does that have to do with anything.

I have a high end decent rig. AMD 965 3.4, 5850, 4 GB DDR3, 790XTA-UD4.

Hmm..I'll try the anti-virus solution.

Comment

Bazajaytee has finally encountered this rubberbanding garbage, so they're going to start working on it. They kept playing on internal test servers so they couldn't reproduce the bug at Dice. Once Baza ventured out into general population with the rest of us, he got it after a couple of rounds.

Unless all of our PCs have the same issue, it's a server-side thing.

Comment

i think server side, but i've seen more servers with this problem than b4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
              Ahhhhaaaaaa got the lag issue you guys have. Time to take a look at what we have on it now

There's where Baza sees the light.

Comment

I was having the same problem today. Ruins the game for me.

Comment

Well staying off BFBC2 until this gets fixed. Or I can crack the single player campaign. Practice 40 mm parabola. Actually want to try and kill with this instead of using it to make emergency exits.

Comment

I posted this same thing in the EA UK forums, thought I'd put it here too.....

Does this issue have anything to do with IPv6? I'm using a Q6600 stock, 9800 GTX+, 4 Gigs RAM and had a ridiculous amount of rubber banding and "lag". I would reload a weapon, watch the entire animation twice, and still have only one round left. After running when I came to a stop, I would see my soldier step back 6 steps or so. Well I was trying to correct a problem with not being able to connect to a Home Group with Windows 7 and I came across the following. Basically, Win 7 kept telling me that IPv6 was not enabled, when it was on my network adapter. The fix was found for a different problem on a Microsoft site.

3. Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6

==========================

a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
                    Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\TCPIP6\Parameters

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)

e. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

I don't have a clue what this does. All I know is this is the ONLY thing I changed, and I played BC2 for hours last night COMPLETELY lag free and as smooth as can be. :banana::banana: YMMV

Comment

Working...
                    X