HELP!!!!!New Update is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!New Update is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Since updating I can no longer join servers, sometimes I can not complete the loading process, and then others I load into the server, select my class, and then FREEZE!!! Task Manager shows that the game is not responding.

Has anyone else had this issue, did you fix it, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Re: HELP!!!!!New Update is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

Okay slow down, I know this is urgent.

Tell me is your version RETAIL [from storeshelves] or STEAM?

I got mine in STEAM, it works fine.

Comment

Retail version. I was finally able to log into a server, however I am finding that it is a guessing game as to if I will actually stay logged on.

Comment

A lot of people are reporting that since the update they need to add their game folder to their AV exception list. Don'tknow if you've tried that yet but it's worth a shot.

Comment

The AV problem is with the Enter Battle button. from what i understand he is freezing completely at the spawn screen? I can't really think of anything that would cause that bar display driver re-installation.

Do you have an nvidia 2 series card? They have been having some problems including a flickering screen recently.

Comment

I am still having the problem, it is generally during the loading of the map screen, but from time to time it is at the "lobby" screen. I have updated my drivers on my video card, 8800GTS 320, but the crashes and freezing is still happening.

I think I am going to re-install and see if some corruption happened during the patch update.

Comment

Try this. Has worked on other problems with BFBC2. http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=10705

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                Try this. Has worked on other problems with BFBC2. http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=10705
                Tried this as well as re-installing the game, froze up right out of the gate. I have a feeling that it could possibly be my Avast anti virus causing some issues. I am uninstalling that and then I am going to try without an AV for now to see if that is the case. Just trying to eliminate things at this point. Still VERY frustrating. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                X