Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible fix for spawn lag

Cruise Control to Cool giuse.

Right basically I am on AVG and I have found that adding the game folder and the BFBC2 in my documents to the exceptions list on the Resident Shield has COMPLETELY removed the lag.

Now I am not sure about other Anit-Virus' but that's what worked with AVG, and I am sure it will work with others.

Paths to add:

C:/Users/XXX/Documents/BFBC2
    and
    C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Battlefield Bad Company 2
    OR IF ON STEAM
    C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/battlefield bad company 2

Hopefully I have made some of your days, I have made mine!

Re: Possible fix for spawn lag

Maybe that's why I didn't get this particular brand of lag. I have my whole Steam and My Documents folders excluded. There was some other game that had issues with save files a long time ago, so I've been in the habit for a while.

Comment

I just did this earlier and it has worked perfectly! I just disabled resident shield when in game and no probs so far. Should sticky IMO! Thanks Frosty!

Comment

Thats why I put antivirus in gamer mode. How many years of gaming do we have to go through before we relize AV causes lag?

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

To do this for Norton, click "Settings" under "Computer". Where it says "Exclusions", click "Configure [+]" next to "Signature Exclusions". Then add those folders. It worked for me.

Alternatively, I think you can disable SONAR, but I haven't tried it.

Comment

This is what I'm getting now on most servers.

Yay. :|

Comment

Its because it writes to your my documents folder to update your saved kit settings everytime you spawn in. Resident shield sees that a file was changed and wants to scan it.

Comment

Originally posted by [10MD]F|1LT.Juno
                Its because it writes to your my documents folder to update your saved kit settings everytime you spawn in. Resident shield sees that a file was changed and wants to scan it.

^ Yea.

Comment

Working...
                X