Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons changes list

From the Battlefield Blog

As requested by the community, here is the exhaustive all inclusive changelist of all balance updates made in the R10 Server update for PC.

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
    Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
    Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
    Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
    Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
    Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
    Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
    Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
    Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
    Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
    Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
    Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
    Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
    Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
    Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
    Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
    Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
    Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
    Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
    Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
    Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

These changes will eventually make their way to the 360 and PS3 as we work with our partners Microsoft and Sony to continue to support BFBC2 on all platforms.

With <3, Demize99.
    Still a bit vague, but most of the weapon changes like the blast radius decrease for GL and CG are in, as is a M60 nerf. So i m happy.

News from the official UK board is that the tracer dart now moves at light speed, and helicopters don't last 20 seconds anymore because it is so easy to shot down locked on targets.

Re: Weapons changes list

yeh the tracer part has me worried, as does the M16 change (my beloved M16 ) but its only minor so it should work out

but really I don't see the point of nerfing the G3/M16, they are ARs for a start and the G3 doesn't get optics

looks like the idea of the ARs being the killers was ignored in favour of more LMG love :/, they still still mow

Comment

News from Den: http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

APRIL 21: Update R7 and R10 have changed the weapons as such:|
      M60 Damage decreased by one bullet's worth from its 25-20. (20 - 16.7)
      1911 has had its maximum Rate of Fire decreased to 260 RPM... and an unusual damage change (it basically doesn't change anything though). I'll get to that later.
      M1 Garand has gotten a tiny damage increase. Long range damage increased to 28 and range increased to 64.
      LMGs have gotten all kinds of accuracy changes. They gain more spread per shot BUT they recover faster when sighted. In most cases, they look like they're going to be MORE accurate.
      SMGs have had their range increased. They'll do top damage at a slightly greater distance before it drops.
      All Bolt Action Rifles (M95 too) do 50 damage at a distance. Better start aiming for heads.
      Okay, there's quite a lot of little changes. Expect a full update by tonight.

Comment

Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.
        More damage to my favourite weapon is good, but all the real shotguns are already 1 shot kill, so what is more damage supposed to do? More hitdetection, on the other hand, would be nice.

Comment

A: I knew I should have gotten my platinum with the M16 and M1911 sooner.

B: They just made the 40mm shotgun less useful vs the 40mm grenade. The 40mm grenade is still a OSK inside the arming radius, but the 40mm shotgun now has a smaller range and the hitreg at close range is still garbage. The 40mm shotgun shouldn't be balanced against other shotguns. It already only has two rounds and a long reload.

C: They listened to the minority of whiners about the shotgun slugs. It already wasn't easy getting kills with them at a distance, now it's even harder. Some noob snipers got shot in the head because they were camping for too long and now a spec is less useful.

D: The tracer darts hit choppers with ease now. CGs still destroy aircraft at a high rate of speed. Choppers are still on rails with auto-leveling, so they're still cumbersome and slow. Choppers got hurt a lot in this patch.

Those are the only things I've tried so far, so I don't have an opinion on the rest.

Comment

Wait, I thought Dice was waiting the users feedback to divulge these in order to have an unbiased opinion

Comment

yeh, could be more mind games lol

Comment

Den updated his charts.

Comment

And so it begins....

The tracer improvements makes me cry inside as a heli pilot.
                  Edit: Forgot about Smoke spec. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                    And so it begins....

The tracer improvements makes me cry inside as a heli pilot.
                    Edit: Forgot about Smoke spec. Carry on.
                    Have you gotten the flares to work in an attack helicopter?
                    It didn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
                      Have you gotten the flares to work in an attack helicopter?
                      It didn't work for me.
                      Originally posted by Demize99 on the official forums
                      Double checked the "flares not working" bug. It does work, you need to activate your flares or smoke to remove the tracer dart before a locked missile is fired. Once the missile is inbound, the flares will have no effect.
                      Of course that was followed by a bunch of posters implying that he was a console noob and that it didn't work on the PC.

Comment

Either way, choppers are now ruined. The reload time of the tracer dart is lower than the reload time of smoke. I could understand a middle ground between pre patch tracers up till now, but going from pre patch speed to mach 17 is pretty dumb. I just got out of a server to test this, and choppers were not lasting more than 15 seconds, i even got my UAV darted.

Comment

I havent tried it yet, but I am not surprised to hear that they overdid it.
                          The problem with the old Tracer was that it had a flight time around 2 seconds or more to reach a chopper. So you had to predict where an object tumbling around in 3D space would be 2-3 seconds from now. Even the pilot didnt know that.

So how are they going to balance it? Make it fast enough to hit choppers at their usual engagement range, and chopper will be chanceless at close range. Vice versa if you balance it for close range, the chopper will be untouchable at normal range.

We need a completely different weapons for this, somthing like an antimaterial rifle or a guided missile that works (The AT4 is crap)

Comment

Working...
                          X