Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are both attack helos the same (except for looks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are both attack helos the same (except for looks)

any pro/con to either faction?

Re: are both attack helos the same (except for looks)

Vehicles dont have any differences except looks, and cockpit visual sights. Tanks all have the same guns. APCs have the same weapons, and yes Helos have the same thing as well.

Comment

well, Russian pilot chopper in Atacama is harder because you can't see **** in front of you. Too much brightness, but I think it going to change tommorow.

Comment

iirc I found the Havoc to handle much better, with the downside that it's bigger.

Comment

Well in theory the Bradley has a 25?mm cannon vs the BMPs 30mm one, while both helis have 30mm, though apart from that not really much difference. Havoc should have either smaller or larger rockets but I doubt there is a difference in game.

Comment

What's the counterpart of the Hind, I know for hind, the pilot is useless, the gun is armed with 30 mm cannon.

Comment

The Hind pilot is far from useless, especially on voice comms with a gifted gunner. The difference between a good and bad pilot is life and death. You can literally last 15 minutes barring the mcoms arent blown up. I have yet to be shot down when im the pilot of the Hind with my friend gunning. Flying in 3rd person helps A LOT when flying this OP beast. Too bad its not on more maps, like Arica, where i think it would flourish. Add an engineer in the 3rd seat, and you are unstoppable.

Comment

yea seriously hind can literally stay up forever because the 3rd seat which can have a dedicated repairman.

Comment

everything is the same or under new skins and not unique like BF2. All the soldiers are the same, the race guns are the same, the tanks, the heli and the transports.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa
                    The Hind pilot is far from useless, especially on voice comms with a gifted gunner. The difference between a good and bad pilot is life and death. You can literally last 15 minutes barring the mcoms arent blown up. I have yet to be shot down when im the pilot of the Hind with my friend gunning. Flying in 3rd person helps A LOT when flying this OP beast. Too bad its not on more maps, like Arica, where i think it would flourish. Add an engineer in the 3rd seat, and you are unstoppable.
                    AS a BF2142 gunship whore, i agree

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                      everything is the same or under new skins and not unique like BF2. All the soldiers are the same, the race guns are the same, the tanks, the heli and the transports.
                      BF2 wasn't unique. There was very little difference at all besides cosmetic...

This is the same with all FPS's most of the time, used to keep it fair.

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU

Different faction only guns
                        Different heli gunner attack
                        Different different faction map
                        Different Jet style
                        And BC2 has.....? Different visor, oh wait different color!

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU

If all vehicles in BF2 were the same, the game wouldnt have more depth than every BF game after it.

Comment

Franly I would had prefered asymetric sides but it's harder to balance and with common unlocks there's little point to do that.

Comment

well . . . thanks for all the replies
                              the reason I asked, was, IMHO, in BF2
                              the attack helos were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY different
                              in handling and shooting and engine pwr/weight ratio
                              so, now, therefore, those of you that said that they (inBF2) were NOT difference
                              make me wonder if you ever flew them>>??

hehe - not trying to start a flame war - :box: - as I said - they were wayyyyyyyyy different to me :weo:
                              . . . perhaps my days as a fighter pilot and test pilot :salute: - I noticed details>>>?????

sure do miss the helos form BF2
                              (cause I REALLY SUCK on the ground ! ! ! ! ! :sad

Comment

Working...
                              X