Almost every server I go lately people in front of me move like slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost every server I go lately people in front of me move like slideshow

Despite choosing servers with good pings (15-60), almost every times people I try to shoot just warp and dodge my shots. My ping on servers never raise and stay around 100-150. I get the impression when I choose Higher pinger server, they are the most stable.

Re: Almost every server I go lately people in front of me move like slideshow

Shouldn't you post that in the support section?

Maybe your connection then, do you have some sort of problem on others games? Or are you playing on overloaded server (with 32 people)? Certain servers can't handle too many players, I know at least one server where the players warp all 30 secs when there's ~30 players.

Comment

I was more wondering if people feel the same. I'm pretty sure my connection is not the issue, I got maybe the best ping among all people in every games, yet when I start shooting someone, they just warp left or right or stutter directions. I get the impression that's happen in the best close servers, and I don't get these weird problems with average ping servers. But yeah I play mostly on 32 people servers.

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
        I was more wondering if people feel the same. I'm pretty sure my connection is not the issue, I got maybe the best ping among all people in every games, yet when I start shooting someone, they just warp left or right or stutter directions. I get the impression that's happen in the best close servers, and I don't get these weird problems with average ping servers. But yeah I play mostly on 32 people servers.
        Yes...

Just the past 7-10 days, I have been getting horrible lags and some horrible weird things happening as consequence.

Other games are fine, my internet connection is not great but good enough, oh yes, and it never happened before.

It seems that the trade of for being able to log on easier is that we are now suffering mammoth laaaaagg....

Almost beyond the point of caring about this p.o.s. online game tbh.

Comment

this happens to me in the some servers, but it always happens in those servers. i don't know what the deal is but i avoid them and just play one the non-laggy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by King Poulet
            I I'm pretty sure my connection is not the issue, I got maybe the best ping among all people in every games, yet when I start shooting someone, they just warp left or right or stutter directions.
            Just to make sure, try visiting pingtest.net It is possible to have low ping but a poor quality connection. Pingtest measures packet loss and other stuff

Comment

I've been seeing the same thing, and a pingtest to Chicago came back with 13ms ping and 1ms jitter, no packet loss. I play almost exclusively on Chicago servers, so that should be about what I get to gaming servers there as well.

I think it has something to do with the other player's connection and the server itself.

Comment

it's not a client side issue. it's the server side issue. i ask people in the server if everything is jumpy and they also say yes. there are servers that are fine so try looking for those.

Comment

Thanks, I will check that. Sometime I ask in the room and people says yes but that's only the loosing guys haha so I can't be sure. Maybe it yes, the fact that the server browsers gives me some left overs. I try sometime less populated servers, but games takes forever.

Needless to say, I can't wait for tomorrow to check if it going to change, I called my ISP today to upgrade from my 8mbit connection to 30mbit.

Comment

going from 8 to 30 isn't really gonna affect your gaming lag... 8 was already more than enough.

Comment

same thing on the russian ForTeam servers - yes, everyone is lagging there, even though ping is like 15
                      ALL ForTeam servers are lagging - seems they are just <censor cut> very bad

Comment

I think I start to know why I'm having these issues, because since I noticed this, I'm usually among the best ping from all player.Just like yesterday I went in a server I had a ping of 56! the others were like above 100 and 200, and the warping issue was horrendous, like the worst I've seen since I played. It like the others are advantaged by 'skipping' location that doesn't track in real time on my side...

Comment

The latest patch made things more laggy for some people.

Comment

This issue was there before patch, even created this thread before the patch, I don't think the latest patch created this. I try to go on server with average ping and it seems to be much better :shrug:

Comment

Working...
                            X