Paying for game demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for game demos

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. God I really don't think the game industry knows what they are doin anymore. Piracy is definitely gonna go up cause of this, if everyone charges. I know I wouldnt PAY 10$ for part of a game I MIGHT like. I'll just stick with BF since it has yet to go bad for me. (bf2,2142,bc2). It seems like the industry knows people won't like most games so they can atleast get some money from the people who wont buy it after the free demo.

:dead:

Re: Paying for game demos

Do you get a exclusif in game item that makes you sexy ?

Comment

lol, I wounder what will get pirated more the game or the demo. I will not pay for a demo

Comment

Most of the games produced aren't worth paying for, let alone the demos.

Comment

The companies don't have to release a demo if they don't want to. Like the article says, its a luxury that people have gotten used to.

Comment

A trial for a product like games is not a "luxury". Luxury is when you sell garbage and make sure noone can ask for a refund because you have to click YES, I AGREE when you install the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
              A trial for a product like games is not a "luxury". Luxury is when you sell garbage and make sure noone can ask for a refund because you have to click YES, I AGREE when you install the game.
              This. It's like demanding payment to test drive a car. It makes no sense to anyone who isn't evil.

Comment

Yeah, if the demo payment lessened the price of the full game it would be a good idea, but the way some people will market this is insanely retarded. Ex. Halo Beta/ Starcraft Beta; people will pay ****ing ridiculous money for some of that sh*t. I like Valve's L4D demo plan so much better than any other plan, but at the same time I wanted them to keep the L4D demo up longer.

Comment

Working...
                X