UAVs in conquest = suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAVs in conquest = suicide

does something need to be done about UAVs in conquest? seems like people stopped using them because it's basically suicide. there needs to be more protection for the UAV pilot, no?

Re: UAVs in conquest = suicide

Nope, I just check the minimap and see if I have some protection first, then check the map from time to time or even go back with the UAV if I fear someone is coming close but not enough for me to exit the uav station. It's ok so far, don't have any problems.

On some maps though it's really risky, like valparaiso on the russian side, you're almost sure to find a Sniper on the US base ready to snipe you.

Comment

Lol the best placement of UAV station is the one on Snow Pass, right in the bloody middle of combat. The one on Arica harbor is okay if you have point B and C.

I use them as cover rather than their actual purpose

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
        Nope, I just check the minimap and see if I have some protection first, then check the map from time to time or even go back with the UAV if I fear someone is coming close but not enough for me to exit the uav station. It's ok so far, don't have any problems.

On some maps though it's really risky, like valparaiso on the russian side, you're almost sure to find a Sniper on the US base ready to snipe you.
        valp is rush though. yeah even on some rush maps, the defenders sometimes can line up a sniping shot to the UAV in the starting base. i can snipe the UAV pilots on both laguna (rush) and isla and i don't know if that's right.
        conquest though seems to have the darn thing in the middle of firefights. after learning my lesson trying to use them, now i'm always looking out for UAV pilots to kill but i rarely see anybody using them on conquest.

Comment

Panama canal, not Valparaiso. And yes it's the same for Isla and some others where the location is horrible.

Btw I only use the UAV for one or two missiles and run into people with the .50, you cannot play like in rush or you'll get knifed. Sometimes I just search the enemy IFV and destroy it since most of the time the two IFVs on the map fight against each other so they both have lost a certain number of hp.

Comment

UAV is fail in Conquest. If anything, you have to constantly re check the area of your terminal or die. This is the only time i use the alt fire for the UAV.

Comment

But you've got to admit that it's awesome to smoke a guy with your UAV when he's thinking he's about to get a cool knife kill on the UAV noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                But you've got to admit that it's awesome to smoke a guy with your UAV when he's thinking he's about to get a cool knife kill on the UAV noob.
                : ) A great feeling.

Comment

Working...
                X